FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Cap'n Crafty McGrim's Crimson Cutlass Tavern and World's Inn
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Cap'n Crafty McGrim's Crimson Cutlass Tavern and World's Inn
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-01-06 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-01-06 07:36, LoungeShark wrote:
Loving the potential! And 70 feet out into the water??? That's gonna be killer! Question for you, any idea what the item number is for that Home Depot fishing globe light? I can't make one that cheap, but also didn't see it listed on their website (prolly user error on my part). And they never have cool stuff like that here in the Ohio stores (don't even get me started on the Tiki Diablo offerings that weren't available east of the Mississippi - grrrrr). Thanks!

Hi, ok I figured out where the globe is from. I found it at Lowe's Hardware.
Here is that and some tiki statuary I found (Solar powered Tiki)

View Profile of Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II Send a personal message to Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-06 11:56 am   Permalink

There it is! Found it! Those are pretty small, aren't they? (that's what she...). And it doesn't come with electrical, so yeah, maybe it's not the best deal out there. Oh well. And funny on those solar powered tikis....those they do sell up here from time to time. Back in the early days, I would purchase those and spray paint them a wood colored brown in hopes of taking the "cheesiness" out of them. One of these days, I'll just have to try carving some tikis myself. I know it's not easy, but at least I can maybe get some quantity of different types and sizes...even if I can't get quality out of them. Keep posting updates. Can't wait to see what your mind is imagining with all that space (and jealous, too!).

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

I've been keeping my eye on those solar tikis at the local Lowes here for the better part of a year. They're ceramic and come in three sizes $29, $39 and $49. The largest is about 3' tall, the smallest a bit larger than a shoebox. I kept waiting on them to be discounted and placed on clearance as the summer ended, because they're way too costly at this price point. Alas, they marked all the other garden statuary 50 percent off in October, but those solar tiki statues remain at full price...

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-06 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:
60ft of water front and 70ft OUT into the canal, although I wont build out that far. Like you said I think that's just asking for trouble. I think the canal is 250 ft across, the photograph doesnt really show the distance. But still why risk anything? Thanks! I hope it will turn out well. I will do a bar on the main deck first as sort of a test project.

Holy moly! That's a lot of area to play with, regardless!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-01-28 10:56 am   Permalink

Repairs are being done on the house. We close Mar 15th. We should be moved in that week hopefully.
In the meantime bought a Dremel and a worktable.

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-01-28 10:57 ]

View Profile of Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II Send a personal message to Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-02 6:16 pm   Permalink

Still amassing equipment, so far looks like we will be in the house next month closing date is Mar 15th.
Bought a bunch of stuff all still packed up for the move mostly.

Jamming to "La Femme" and starting to work on planning the garage workshop. I can't wait to get started.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQ_3TCnAyw&t=1520s

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-02-02 18:24 ]

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-07 5:37 pm   Permalink

Got some Tiki/Pirate stuff.

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-04-16 05:33 am   Permalink

Waiting on the Tax Lien against the house to get cleared so we can close on the house and move in.

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-04-16 05:33 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-04-16 05:34 ]

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-04 07:56 am   Permalink

July 3rd. We Closed on the House! After Seven Months of Dealing with crazed heirs (Seven of them) and the house having a tax lien that the heirs tried to foist off on us.

But all has been cleared up and dealt with!

We signed the paperwork and got the keys to the house!

Will start moving in tomorrow!
Starting to look at where I will build the initial bar.

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-07-04 07:58 ]

Staredge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-04 08:37 am   Permalink

Very nice!!!! Having just gone through a (fairly simple, actually) house purchase and closing, I feel your pain. This should be a fun thread.

View Profile of Staredge Send a personal message to Staredge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-04 5:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-07-04 08:37, Staredge wrote:
Very nice!!!! Having just gone through a (fairly simple, actually) house purchase and closing, I feel your pain. This should be a fun thread.

Thanks! I hope it will be!

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-04 6:39 pm   Permalink

Congratulations, man! I know you've been working on landing this little gem for months now. To be so close and yet so far has to be frustrating, especially when you're at the mercy of other people holding things up. But it is yours now! I can't wait to see your bar build progress!

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-21 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-07-04 18:39, Prikli Pear wrote:
Congratulations, man! I know you've been working on landing this little gem for months now. To be so close and yet so far has to be frustrating, especially when you're at the mercy of other people holding things up. But it is yours now! I can't wait to see your bar build progress!

Thanks we have been moving in and I started work on what will be my woodworking shop.

Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-07-21 6:10 pm   Permalink

Beginnings of the woodworking shop in the garage. We are still moving in but got this stuff set up. Put in a much needed air conditioner in the garage. It's New Orleans in late July. We are on the same latitude as Singapore. Unbelievably hot and humid.

Set up my main working table here and put up lights.

Out in the backyard Started replacing some of the planks of the deck where Tiki Prototype Bar #1 will be set up also begun staining the deck.

Here is where I'll Build "World's Inn and the Crimson Cutlass"
Up on the still nonexsistant 2nd level.

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-07-22 07:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II 2017-07-22 07:57 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation