FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki On This Day in Tiki History - Free Tiki Calendar READY FOR DOWNLOAD
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
On This Day in Tiki History - Free Tiki Calendar READY FOR DOWNLOAD
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-23 3:33 pm   Permalink

Teaser pic

I printed my calendar at Staples to see how it turned out and I like it! Working out final details on hosting this file and hope to be able to release it tonight

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-23 8:58 pm   Permalink

MadDog,

That looks awesome! We need to get some more dates for next years March page, I will be happy to help with that. Looking forward to printing this for home bar use, Mahalo for your efforts and ideas.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-23 9:57 pm   Permalink

OK, ready for you to download and print!!! See page one of this post for the download link and (maybe too many) directions. I rounded the images up off the internet, hopefully I won't get into any legal copyright trouble since I'm not selling it?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-24 04:07 am   Permalink

Looks awesome Mike! Thanks for all of the hard work on this project.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-24 08:14 am   Permalink

Great job Mike. As always, a huge part of the "giving" on TC. Thanks also to DC, Ace and the others who contributed.

[ This Message was edited by: Or Got Rum? 2017-01-24 08:15 ]

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-24 09:59 am   Permalink

Cool idea.
Great job Mike.

Going to do a book of tiki called "The others who contributed"

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-24 11:02 am   Permalink

Great job Mike, thank you.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-24 12:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks folks

Ace, in case you want to know - the ill fated Moai barge sinking was June 7, 2015

AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-24 12:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-01-24 12:32, MadDogMike wrote:
Ace, in case you want to know - the ill fated Moai barge sinking was June 7, 2015

Thanks, Mike, I see that's also Paul Gaugin's birthday. Your calendar ROCKS!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-24 1:34 pm   Permalink

Mike,

You have done a great thing with the tiki calendar. Each morning when I wake up I can go to your calendar and see what I am going to celebrate that day with a tiki drink.

Thanks,

ukutiki

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-24 5:37 pm   Permalink

A possible entry. Charles Lindbergh (born Feb 4,1902: died Aug 26,1974) is buried near Hana, Maui at the Palapala Ho'omau Church.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-25 06:42 am   Permalink

Thanks Mike!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-25 1:10 pm   Permalink

I went through and added some more dates to the front page list that didn't make the calendar. I intentionally only put early 60s and before dates on the 1961 calendar to maintain the effect. But there's no reason not to add later dates to the list so keep them coming. I added some of the death dates from Pauly's list as well as opening dates for Kowloon, Frankie's, Tiki Oasis, Tiki Caliente, Hukilau, Luau by the Lake, etc.

Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-25 4:28 pm   Permalink

Great Job Mike! Thanks!!

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-01 6:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Mike; it looks great!

I was able to use a print setting in Acrobat Reader to make two pages (beginning with page 2 of the PDF) print one-sided on regular copy paper, so that each month has the corresponding picture above it on the same page. Then I stapled the top corners and punched a hole to hang it. Since I have to tear off the page after each month, it won't last like one that's printed on card stock and spiral bound, but it's certainly less expensive.

And happy birthday to Arthur Lyman!

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation