[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why I don't believ in suprise parties
Why I don't believ in suprise parties
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 12:13 pm   Permalink

Man Shoots Six at His Surprise Party

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030818/od_nm/odd_norway_shotgun_dc

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 1:01 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I think I'll just be fashionably late to the next surprise party I attend in case the guest of honor is a collector of guns and/or rifles.

It's a tragic story, but I did get a chuckle out of the last line that says "The party was canceled."

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-08-18 6:48 pm   Permalink

Shooting a gun into the air is the stangest habit of dumb people that I've ever heard of.

Our next door neighbor said for New Years he was going to fire his rifle into the air. My Dad said to him "that's a dumb idea". He said "why?" and my Dad said "Don't you realize that the shot comes down at some point? And we're in a populated neighborhood!" The guy said "oh, oh yeah".

Ironically, either a few years before or a few years after, a kid at the school a few blocks from out house fell down with a bloody forehead. No one knew why. After several months of headaches, they x-rayed his head and discovered a bulled lodged just a fraction of an inch from his brain.

The theroy is that someone somewhere shot a gun into the air.

And by the way, that's not an Urban Legend. That really happened

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-18 11:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-18 18:48, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Shooting a gun into the air is the strangest habit of dumb people that I've ever heard of.

To protect the innocent from the imbeciles, the city of Los Angeles passed a law in the late 1980s that bans the sale of ammo during the week before July 4 and the week before New Year's. Too many bystanders were getting injured or killed by falling bullets, particularly in South Central.

--cindy (Hoiti Toiti expat)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-19 12:20 am   Permalink

So it's true what Newton said about gravity.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation