FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Travel Park, St. Ignace, MI (other)
Tiki Travel Park, St. Ignace, MI (other)
Tattoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-18 1:37 pm   Permalink

Name:Tiki Travel Park
Type:other
Street:270 S. Airport Rd.
City:St. Ignace
State:MI
Zip:49781
Phone:

Description:
An RV Park with a Tiki theme in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - "RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF A VACATION PARADISE!"

Not sure what made this RV park Tiki but one would hope for at least the obligatory Easter Island head.

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-19 04:55 am   Permalink

Tattoo, this place has been on my radar for years. I'm planning a trip to Isle Royale National Park this summer and will pass through that area on my way up north. I'll try to swing by and check it out. As far as I remember it is Tiki in name only but a proper investigation is in order. Any Tiki outpost that remote deserves a look. Thanks for posting.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2017-02-19 05:06 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-07 3:13 pm   Permalink

Drive by complete. No Tiki or Polynesian theme at all. If it ever had any it is long gone

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-13 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-07-07 15:13, uncle trav wrote:
Drive by complete. No Tiki or Polynesian theme at all. If it ever had any it is long gone

Don't you hate that? And it makes you wonder if you would've gotten there just a few years before, would you have still caught something? We sometimes drive around and think about the changing landscape and how a bland area of stripmalls looks like nothing, but if you were there just last year you would've seen a few interesting old bars and buildings, and if you were there just five years ago you would've still caught a cool mid-century high rise and an orange roofed neo-tiki Chinese palace, and fifteen years ago and it just goes on...

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-15 04:28 am   Permalink

I always wonder about what may have been every place I go. One good thing about the UP of Michigan is that it is a bit of a time capsule for old mom and pop motels. I stayed at a few on my trip this June and it was great. Here are some pics of the signs.

Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-15 06:42 am   Permalink

Awesome signs UT!

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation