FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Resurrection of the Hawaiian Room (Sat., Sept. 20th)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Resurrection of the Hawaiian Room (Sat., Sept. 20th)
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-07 6:10 pm   Permalink

I'm up for it! A small event would great here. It is a half way point for a lot of people. The place is small but has a great look. I wish othere would hit this place after work. I'm trying to make it a point to come at least once a week.

View Profile of Tikiphantom Send a personal message to Tikiphantom  Email Tikiphantom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-08 12:10 am   Permalink

I'm in for the once a week.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 10:42 am   Permalink

it blows my mind that this event was almost 6 years ago...

damn how time flies

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 1:00 pm   Permalink

Gees...time does fly...

Here's the mug from the event...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 1:18 pm   Permalink

6 years ago?? Geeze....
That was a great mug too.....

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 1:22 pm   Permalink

Do it again! Please?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-09 13:22, Kiki von Tiki wrote:
Do it again! Please?

uuuhh, huh huh huh.

sorry Butthead moment there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
yes my mind is in the gutter

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-09 16:54 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:22 pm   Permalink

Another event and another great mug *wink*wink*!

View Profile of Tikiphantom Send a personal message to Tikiphantom  Email Tikiphantom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-13 10:42 pm   Permalink

What about this weekend or next week, drinks after work or 2pm whichever?

Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-14 1:42 pm   Permalink

I'm booked thru the end of the month with Tikiyaki show prep. How about planning one in April - give us some time to rally the troops?

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2009-03-14 5:42 pm   Permalink

Post removed until further notice.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2009-03-16 00:32 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-14 5:46 pm   Permalink

Sweet!!! Its gonna be a blast. I wonder if we could get someone to play a show there?

Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-14 10:50 pm   Permalink

I am so "forum challenged"... I started reading this thread thinking MTKahuna was going to do it all over again, when all the sudden I came across my post from 2003 right in the middle of the thread. I finally figured out you guys "bumped" it - anyway, if I recall, didn't MTKahuna have to talk the owners into it? I'm sure they never made so much money in their lives that night. It was something to remember! So it probably wouldn't take much convincing, that is, if it's the same owners. So are you guys just talking about showing up and having a drink, or transforming it for an event like the last time? From what I remember, the interior had really just degenerated to a pool-hall type bar/dive and without the magic touch of the tiki community, I don't think this place is worth a visit (am I wrong?). Its definitely centrally located. Has anyone been out there though since 6 years ago - does it even still exist?

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 02:22 am   Permalink

Been there a few times in the past few year.
interesting enough to look at say,
wow this place must have been cool back in the day.
I'm sure they don't know how to make a tropical drink of any great quality.
and the Regulars look at you, like are you lost?

I don't see how a big or small gathering would be anything more than,
well lets put up with these weird tiki people for a night and take their money.

but that's just me.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-15 1:56 pm   Permalink

It's been so long ago, I can't remember if any of TC'ers stepped behind the bar to make the drinks or if we just drank whatever they were able to make. And I don't remember what happened to my pictures from that night:( maybe they were taken with a film camera (which would explain why I am not sure where they would be).

I could see sending down a reconnaissance group to see if the owners would be into having another event there. To anyone willing to take it on as a project, be prepared for a lot of work.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation