FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Today's thrift store find - Trader Vic's Martini Glass
Today's thrift store find - Trader Vic's Martini Glass
Scaramouch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-02-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

I live in NJ, and I'm often very jealous of all you guys on the west coast and down in Florida who seemingly find tiki at every other yard sale. So today was a very special day for me. Walked into my local Goodwill Store, only to see this sitting on the shelf, for the grand price of 99 cents...

An original Trader Vic's Martini Glass. For a moment I thought "is this a replica?" because it's pristine, looks brand spanking new. But I think it really is what I think it is.

Needless to say, it made my day. Always wanted one, never thought I'd find one. And the fact that I got it in a thrift store for 99 cents will make it all the more memorable

Had to share.

View Profile of Scaramouch Send a personal message to Scaramouch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 04:11 am   Permalink

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's a great find indeed. I believe that style is called the aperitif glass. Vic filed a patent for the design of stemware manufactured by Morgantown glass back in 1960. There are a few styles and sometimes some color variations. Still a rare find today.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 09:00 am   Permalink

Fantastic find, I'm jealous.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 09:09 am   Permalink

sweet, that is what this stuff is all about!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 3:40 pm   Permalink

Good for you. I am always looking for that one but all I ever see is that damn green cactus stemware

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 8:02 pm   Permalink

Awesome

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2017-02-27 20:03 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-27 8:02 pm   Permalink

I lived in Morgantown as a kid

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Squirreltiki

Posted: 2017-03-01 5:24 pm   Permalink

Awesome find!

View Profile of Squirreltiki Send a personal message to Squirreltiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kraken007
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-03-02 10:33 am   Permalink

NICE!!!

View Profile of Kraken007 Send a personal message to Kraken007  Goto the website of Kraken007     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation