FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Gathering of the Tribes update
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Gathering of the Tribes update
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-16 07:06 am   Permalink

Sounds to me like there is going to an All-Star-Jam!!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-16 10:35 am   Permalink

I am happy to learn that the Kuke is bringing the Friki Tikis with him! Deluxe.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-17 02:02 am   Permalink

I was a guest tonight on the Great Kahuna's Green Room show on public radio station KCSN (Cal State Northridge) and talked about Bamboo Ben's Gathering and Tiki Central. This is a really cool show that happens every Friday night from 9PM to Midnight - lots of surf music and hawaiiana, too. I plugged King Kuke and the Friki Tikis and Crazy Al and Ape (as well as the Thurston Howlies of course). D.J. Kahuna is super swell and I bet he would welcome cd's from tiki centralites to play.

Even if you aren't in the area - you can here it streaming live on the net at
http://www.kcsn.org - click on "listen" for your streaming options. I highly recommend it - and don't forget to listen for the surf reports!

Kahuna also says that he wants to get a picture of himsef next to a tiki - and we are working on that one...but he's a pretty big guy to get moving - so we might need to bring the tiki to him.

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2002-08-17 02:07 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-19 10:08 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to say in a sappy kind of way - what an awesome day (although the sun never came out!)!! Great to meet bax, bong, cherry, rj & many more plus seeing a lot of the good centralites (floratina, king kuk, many more) hanging out and doin' their thang! I could have sworn I saw Sven there!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-19 10:49 pm   Permalink

I saw him too, but his hair looked kind of flat. Mrs and Mr. Bamboo, thanks for opening your place to us. You made us all feel at home. Yo BB get to work!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 06:08 am   Permalink

Ben & Vicky

Thank you so much for your grand hospitality and the sharing of your aloha spirit. The Trustar tribe had a wonderful time seeing "all of the usual suspects" again and meeting some new ones. The food, entertainment and friendship enjoyed that day has made this week a little brighter for all of us.

Thank you

Maholo

"Trustar"
Paul

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation