Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Bamboo Furniture
Bamboo Furniture
AlohaYall

Posted: 2017-05-24 06:17 am   Permalink

Aloha Y'all!
I'm a newbie here. But I have a grand vision of creating a tiki style vacation rental so I've come here for some help. I have spent a week trying to find somewhere to buy bamboo furniture made out of the BIG bamboo. I finally found one place in Cali but it was a lot more expensive than I was hoping to find. Does anyone know where I can find furniture like this?
http://tikiroom.com/img/82462x592587ae.jpg

View Profile of AlohaYall Send a personal message to AlohaYall  Email AlohaYall Goto the website of AlohaYall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-24 07:19 am   Permalink

I'm finding new bamboo furniture more expensive than I'd like, so I'm focusing on Craig's List to build my collection. More affordable that way. Finding furniture made from culms that thick, though? That's going to be tough, and come at a premium. Good luck!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-24 08:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-05-24 07:19, Prikli Pear wrote:
I'm finding new bamboo furniture more expensive than I'd like, so I'm focusing on Craig's List to build my collection. More affordable that way. Finding furniture made from culms that thick, though? That's going to be tough, and come at a premium. Good luck!

Same here - had some great scores on Craigslist. I've bought enough seating for 20 for my bar for under $1,000. New, that would have been at least $20,000.

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaYall

Posted: 2017-05-25 10:10 am   Permalink

Yea I've been watching CL, haven't had much luck. I may have to extend my search range.

View Profile of AlohaYall Send a personal message to AlohaYall  Email AlohaYall Goto the website of AlohaYall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-25 12:42 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that's the problem with CL--feast or famine. I missed out on some great bamboo outdoor deck furniture a couple months ago because finances were tight, but a couple weeks ago stumbled into some impressive rattan peacock chairs for cheap. It is, as they say, a crapshoot.

Plus, living in California would probably help. They have all the bamboos out there.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mighty Woo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-06-17 1:49 pm   Permalink

We came across this in Belize

View Profile of The Mighty Woo Send a personal message to The Mighty Woo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation