[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Galleon Cave
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Galleon Cave
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-27 10:59 am   Permalink

Love that bamboo bar, fits perfectly in this setting.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 27 days ago; 1:14 pm   Permalink

Lighting update!

Just spent the weekend in Columbus and had the good fortune to meet Tikiskip and Barb at the Windward Passage. We had a rollicking good time drinking, dining and talking tiki.

Picked up a few lamps for the Galleon Cave, two of which are still on their way but managed to pack two float lights back in my carry-on.

I've admired Tikiskip's work for years and I'm so stoked to have not just one but *FOUR* of his lights for my little bar. I'll post more pics once the others are up.

Thanks again Skip! Hope to see you and Barb again before too long!

[ This Message was edited by: TQTQTQ 2017-11-13 13:17 ]

View Profile of TQTQTQ Send a personal message to TQTQTQ      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 26 days ago; 04:45 am   Permalink

What a great time.
It was wonderful to meet you, your arrival woke up all the old koots, I think Bill will still marry you if you say the word.
So let your husband know if he acts up you got options.

Don't let California take away that accent you have it's awesome.

Others have tried to buy those two basket lights but I did not sell them to them, so the aussi accent may have helped.

Your bar looks great and the stories behind the bar make it so much more.
Wish we had gone to The Grass Skirt with you but felt we may have been pushing a bit much to dominate your trip, (A little bit of Tikiskip goes a long way too)

Here's bill....
He reminds me of Maurice Chevalier, he may have reminded you of Harvey Weinstein a bit, Bill was juiced up at that point of the night.
The guy in the Yellow.

Lest you forget,
Windward Passage....

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 26 days ago; 04:47 am   Permalink

Sorry the photos are a bit blurry, but then so are most of the people at Windward Passage.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 26 days ago; 1:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the photos Skip! Blurry, just as I remember it.

Aww, I wish you guys had come with me to The Grass Skirt. Would have been way more fun with friends!

View Profile of TQTQTQ Send a personal message to TQTQTQ      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 25 days ago; 03:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for posting the photos of the lights in your bar as well.
I sold like over 30 lights at the Hukilau one year and never saw one pic of them in somebody's bar.

Worry about the lights getting back to the home bar safely more than people know.

Can't wait to see the other two hung as well.

You did get me a bit more into making lights as I have finished two since we met.
It's been Yonks since my last light build.

Am working on a third and may need to call it the Galleon.
Or maybe the "you don't want to marry me" light This one works on so many levels.

Most of the time I am the only person who knows the names of my lights if they have one and the inside joke behind the name.

How many people do you think are looking up "yonks" right now?

G'day

TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 25 days ago; 7:03 pm   Permalink

Yay! Happy my visit helped kick start your lamp making again.

I love that you name all your lights and would be honored if you named one after the cave (or in reference to our night out!)

Ha! Yonks isn't a word I've heard in a long while!

Stay tuned for more pics of your lamps. Still eagerly awaiting their arrival.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 24 days ago; 8:05 pm   Permalink

In looking at your bar pics again I see that cool Bosko tiki you got and I don't see any lighting on or behind it.

Here is my Bosko and other United airlines tiki I have red neon behind the United airlines tiki and yellow on the front of both tiki.
This is a great way to add light and color to your bar.

I made a can light with a small juice can, that bulb is HOT I used a glass filter on this one.

It can be done with up lights or can lights, you don't have to get neon.
Note use a red / yellow bulb and take care not to use flammable gel on a hot light.
Plus bulbs can get hot so be careful not to put near flammables.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2017-11-16 20:07 ]

TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 20 days ago; 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for the lighting tips, Skip!

Once your lights are installed I'll have a good amount of overhead light. Next will be back/up lighting! Getting there.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:55 am   Permalink

See this is a style light you can use to light that tiki one from the top and one from the bottom.
One in the back?

I have even found these at thrift stores.

To get a glass filter go to hobby store and buy yellow colored glass and use that.
The stuff you use in making stained glass.
Glass no melt, glass no burn.
Halogen bulb must have a glass filter.

Maybe Santa can bring those….

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!
Do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hampton-Bay-Uplight-Floor-Lamp-Black/172986497881?hash=item2846cc7b59:g:XmYAAOSw1xhZmMeB

TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 18 days ago; 06:36 am   Permalink

And they're up!

So glad they arrived safely. My friend did a great job packing them.

As for Thanksgiving in Australia, Skip. We have adopted the holiday here at least (been in the US over a decade now). My mother even sent us a "Thank You" card from Australia this year!

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 06:52 am   Permalink

Oooh. Those look mighty pretty in the Cave. Kudos to you both!

[ This Message was edited by: Prikli Pear 2017-11-22 06:53 ]

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 17 days ago; 06:56 am   Permalink

So you guys have "Thank You" giving?

I am thankful for you buying my lights and that they got home safely.
Bar looks great, did you get light shining on the roof through the top?

Great spot for those lights!

HAPPY "THANK YOU" DAY!!!!

TQTQTQ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 9 days ago; 1:51 pm   Permalink

Yeah, light shone through a little. Was a little too orange a glow on the smaller lamp so I've switched the orange bulb out for a clear amber one and it shines more onto the ceiling as well now!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation