FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Swanky West Coast Tour - Tacoma, SF, LA, SD, PS
Swanky West Coast Tour - Tacoma, SF, LA, SD, PS
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-22 07:22 am   Permalink

Celebrating a year after the release of the Mai-Kai book, I and my editor Mrs. Swanky will be visiting the west coast.

First stop will be Seattle and in particular Tacoma Cabana. I'll be doing a presentation there along with the book signing Saturday August 5th starting at 4PM
FB Event here, tickets for presentation online here and at the door.

Next we head to San Francisco and a book signing at Smuggler's Cove on Monday August 7th at 6PM. Rumor is we will visit Humuhumu's Balhi H'ai as well.

From there we jet on to LA and a signing with Bob & Leroy at Oceanic Arts on Wednesday Aug. 9th from 2 to 4. That's leaves time to get over to the Tiki Ti for the toast to Ray.

And on Friday at noon, I will give a presentation at Tiki Oasis, and then on Saturday at 11 I'll be signing books at Tiki Oasis.

From there we go to Palm Springs for a book signing at the Tonga Hut Saturday at 7PM.

We are looking forward to exploring all these places with the ohana and signing lots of books. Come visit us when we are in your city!

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2017-07-20 12:00 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-06-22 07:37 am   Permalink

We love your book. I wish you a huge turnout. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-22 09:39 am   Permalink

Nice one, mate - I am definitely going to go to the SF one!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-06-22 8:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha Swanky!
We don't have your most excellent book yet, so we will gladly make the journey from Thousand Oaks
to meet up with you and Mrs. Swanky at Oceanic Arts. And a stop at Tiki Ti afterward should complete a great night!
See you then!

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-23 04:12 am   Permalink

It's happening again...

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-27 7:31 pm   Permalink

Swanky, thanks for your note on Critiki. I will definitely pack my copy of the book. Haven't exactly decided when I'm going to Oceanic Arts, but hope to see you either there or at the Tiki Ti.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-08 8:40 pm   Permalink

Swank!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-07-09 11:40 am   Permalink

See you at Oceanic Arts...Woohoo!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2017-07-09 11:40 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-26 09:28 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki friends, we are looking for "tour guides" on our trip. Sunday in Seattle, Tuesday in SF, Sunday and Monday in Palm Springs we are free and looking for someone to show us around. This doesn't mean line up the tiki bars and drinks, but vintage places and shopping, interesting sites. What's your favorite places and most interesting sites. PM me and maybe we can get together.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation