Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Sur La Table Tiki Pop Molds
Sur La Table Tiki Pop Molds
Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-06-26 3:47 pm   Permalink

Just picked up a box of Tiki Pop Molds from Sur La Table. They are made by Tovolo. 4 nicely detailed designs. Sure could use an icy one now!

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-06-27 06:11 am   Permalink

These will be two bucks a year from now at thrift stores.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-06-27 08:55 am   Permalink

Too bad alcohol doesn't freeze well LOL

You could use brown tamarind nectar to get less of a Party City look

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-06-28 10:29 am   Permalink

Love the Party City comment. I love tamarind. Great suggestion! Even root beer would give it a nice wooden look. Imagine you could do something with coconut water/milk or maybe coconut cream. Not sure if all pineapple juice will freeze. I know in jello molds some of it won't set. There's also those non-alcoholic mixes you could try and while not alcoholic at least would taste good. Save the good stuff for the glassware!

BTW I was in Bed Bath & Beyond today and Tivolo sells the ice pop molds (9.99) and tray (4.99) separately there. A whole set comes out to about the same price as the SLT one, but it's nice that you can just buy more of the silicone pop sleeves without buying more of the trays. Here's the tiki sleeve pop boxes along with other versions that Tivolo sells. The boxes are small so walked right past them the first time.

[ This Message was edited by: Polly_Nesia 2017-06-28 10:32 ]

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-28 2:57 pm   Permalink

I got these as a gift from a non tiki friend who bought it from Sur La Table, I like them.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation