FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Bahi hut NO LONGER being ruined with clown tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Bahi hut NO LONGER being ruined with clown tikis
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-07 07:39 am   Permalink

After another coat of stain. Look for these tikis to be immortalized momentarily in a new Eekum Bookum mug! Next stop some paint on the door.....

Robotiki
Mira Mar League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2017-12-07 07:46 ]

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-07 08:51 am   Permalink

Nice work!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-18 09:04 am   Permalink

Check out the new mug!

https://www.facebook.com/BahiHut/videos/1793515170720297/

Robotiki

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-18 11:33 am   Permalink

That sculpt looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the fired version!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-21 08:56 am   Permalink

Robotiki

robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-21 08:59 am   Permalink

There will be 50 of the mugs done for the inauguration of the new tikis available first come on New Years Eve available by going there only. They will feature a special glaze not available after that. Photo to come soon.....

Robotiki

robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-23 09:33 am   Permalink

Quick test shot of the new mug, actual glaze will differ. Only 50 made for the launch.

Robotiki

mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-23 11:26 am   Permalink

Congrats! Very happy for the Bahi Hut!

Mele Kalikimaka

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-02 06:18 am   Permalink

Highlights from the mug launch:

https://www.facebook.com/BahiHut/videos/1811502628921551/

Robotiki

robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-03 06:54 am   Permalink

Robotiki

Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-09 07:33 am   Permalink

got mine!!!....DAMN NICE MUG and hefty too!...excellent work that eekum bookum created.

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-22 07:58 am   Permalink

We repainted the front door this weekend. It was interesting to see the various colors underneath, all the way down to what was a natural brown wood finish to begin with. I was a little nervous taking the letters and spoon handle off the front door but all went off without a hitch. We have the fiberglass panels set to come out and go off for restoration, one at a time, starting mid-March.

Robotiki

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-22 08:24 am   Permalink

Paint job looks great! That's one thing I always notice that gives a "we don't care anymore" vibe is worn-out, damaged paint. I have to say, tho, a natural stained wood finish would look smashing there as well.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GianFU
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-01-22 2:06 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful improvement!! Congratulations on your just completed project.

The Owner is certainly benefitting from his decision to trust your advocacy for "refined" Tiki improvements. Your efforts have saved a wonderfully classic themed bar. Certainly the value of the property has increased with the repairs and media attention.

I have always enjoyed small improvement projects and I am jealous of the incremental improvements you have completed. Visiting the Bahi Hut is on my list for 2018. I will certainly contact RoboTiki before I travel east from Las Vegas.

If a date is established for the Relighting of the Torches, I will build a 5 day visit for that event.

BEST WISHES TO ALL - -

ERIC . . . =8-|<

- - Let no man deny the force of TonRu-Tiki ! !

- - Seeking Island Life in the Las Vegas Lights...

View Profile of GianFU Send a personal message to GianFU  Email GianFU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-08 06:55 am   Permalink

And the whole thing that started this thread and lead to a mini revival at the Bahi Hut-- The awful sandblasted things that almost covered the front of the Bahi Hut. I mean can you possibly get any more clown tiki than this fucking thing?

They are still out there on Facebook Marketplace, hopefully to infect some Jimmy Buffet bar with a Seminole chickee hut.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/165844703979616

It is totally due to the outpour of non-support from folks on this page that these things are not installed there now. Tiki folks can make a difference by speaking up.

Robotiki

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2018-02-08 06:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2018-02-08 06:56 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation