[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Lanai at Windsong
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Lanai at Windsong
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-10-14 09:10 am   Permalink

Thanks, Dan! I just realized where I'd seen that tile pattern before, albeit in a different color palette...

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-14 10:09 pm   Permalink

Well. That's a helluva thing!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-10-31 07:01 am   Permalink

REDRUM!

View Profile of Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II Send a personal message to Cap'n_Crafty_McGrim_II      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube

Posted: 2017-10-31 11:10 am   Permalink

We managed to get a little more work and decorating done in the Lanai before the cold arrived. It figures that its enarly ready for visitors just as the weather turns. Oh, well!

We found this fixture for above the vanity in the bathroom, and "tikified" it a bit by adding leather straps and bamboo:

I managed to get this tiny little sink installed in the bathroom, along with the massive braided leather mirror we found at Goodwill for only $10.

We also installed this hammered copper sink beside the tiki bar:

I think I already posted this on the music forum, but here are a couple of shelves that sit at the entrance to the Lanai. The idea would be that guests could select something for us to play on their way inside.

Next up, I decided to build some shelves for our glassware to go on the wall behind the tiki bar. We are limited in depth since I needed to allow the bar to be raised up (our washing machine sits inside). I built the frames out of pine, and painted them with the same dark coffee color we used for parts of the trim in the rest of the room.

We installed an anchor shaped towel bar neaxt to the bathroom sink, and found a toilet paper holder that actually has a cell phone shelf - hahaha:

And even though we still have some major parts to finish (like the ceiling), we went ahead and hung some pictures:

I doubt I'll be posting too many updates for a while, unless I find time to work on the days when we have warmer temperature. But I'm excited at how everything is turning out, and can't wait to get it done enough to invite people over!

HAPPY HULAWEEN EVERYONE!

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-31 12:12 pm   Permalink

I really like how those vertical shelves turned out. Functional as well as stylish!

Now you need to get that wood stove installed in the middle of the room so that you can continue working even when it's icy out!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-31 7:00 pm   Permalink

Yes, brilliant idea to angle the bottom of those shelves

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube

Posted: 2017-11-06 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-10-31 12:12, Prikli Pear wrote:
Now you need to get that wood stove installed in the middle of the room so that you can continue working even when it's icy out!

Tell me about it!

Unfortunately, I have a few other house projects that are more pressing. But... hopefully soon!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation