FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Art of Tiki gallery showing & book signing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Art of Tiki gallery showing & book signing
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-10-08 2:53 pm   Permalink

Here's a small collection of photos from last Friday. It was too busy to get many quality photos, so I'm going to try and get back to the gallery before the show closes. It's really impressive in person, even with the crowd. So if you're in the general area before the show closes I really recommend going to see it.

Thanks,

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jah Jim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-10-09 1:56 pm   Permalink

I was blessed to have time and access to shoot much of the show the day before and posted about 130 shots in their own ART OF TIKI photo album on facebook. I went back the following day for the exhibit and signing and took about 20 more photos of the fun people there, many of the ARTISTS, adding those at the bottom of the first group in the SAME photo album. PLEASE ENJOY THEM ALL and pretend you were there in case you weren't. In fact, improve on it by fixing yourself a great tropical drink before looking! https://www.facebook.com/jim.marshall.9275/media_set?set=a.10155817446094283.1073741854.629934282&type=3 By the way, it's funny, the Tiki Central's spellcheck is saying "TIKI" isn't a word. It wants to replace it with SKI or WIKI!

View Profile of Jah Jim Send a personal message to Jah Jim  Email Jah Jim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-09 3:02 pm   Permalink

T.V. Show Eye on L.A. visits the Art of Tiki (starts about 6:20)

Eye on L.A.-Must see art exhibits

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-16 9:40 pm   Permalink

Mea culpa for not posting about this seminal event on this forum, I was so busy with the whole book/exhibit promotion on other channels. I was sure I had opened a thread about the whole thing early on, but now I can't find it.

I even have a nod to TC in the book: The only piece of paper ephemera that exists of Tiki Central, a business card from its earliest Yahoo days :

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-19 12:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info bigbro, and congrats on the book & what looks like a fantastic show!

Want to trade business cards?

The auction had many fantastic pieces, including some we did not realize were still in existence.

And, we did not know about Jordan Reichek until this show. Is he / was he on TC? Why is his home bar not in the home bars forum? It really makes you wonder about the Tiki that is still out there and off people's radar ...

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-24 5:55 pm   Permalink

heylownine thank you so much for the photos. I wish I lived closer so I could see it in person.

I've ordered a copy of the book through Amazon but it's not yet shipped. Sven I love all your books and I hope one day you will do another one.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-26 2:28 pm   Permalink

Just visited this fantastic exhibit and art show. It was the middle of the day and the rooms were empty so I was able to take these pictures. it was an amazing experience to walk into the first room and see all these vintage tikis all over the room. I dont think I have ever seen so many tikis in one place, I did not want to leave this room. Here are some pictures.
Will post more pictures later.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-29 9:22 pm   Permalink

Here's a little "Behind the Scenes" look of producing the book, clickable for non-Facebookers, too:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155835625828205.1073742455.614108204&type=1&l=de77ceac84

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-11-11 12:56 pm   Permalink

I am so happy to see the kona kai bird again! I remember when I first discovered all the artifacts out in pa years ago my jaw dropped! I salvaged what I could from the Kona kai. I sold the bird and a few other items but several jems from there still remain in my collection in jersey today.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikinomad 2017-11-11 12:58 ]

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 11:34 am   Permalink

Its been a while but here are the rest of the pictures I took.

These two images of the Gecko piece do not do any justice to how fantastic this piece was, one of my favorites. He is truly an amazing artist.

here are the rest,

I feel fortunate to have been able to see this one of a kind beautiful artwork in person.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation