[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Infinity bottle
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Infinity bottle
Paulynesian
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-11-06 09:47 am   Permalink

Just met a gentleman at the Mai Kai during Hulaween that caught me up on this trend... going to start mine pretty soon.

Neat idea.

View Profile of Paulynesian Send a personal message to Paulynesian      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-11-06 10:07 am   Permalink

Let us know how it goes, Paulynesian!

So, how about things that we could, but WILL NOT put into an Infinity Bottle? In my case, the last 10-15 mls or so of my yellow label Lemon Hart 151.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheKiltedFez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-23 3:23 pm   Permalink

I started one a few months back in a cool, opaque decanter I found. Forgot I had done that and, long story short, accidentally dumped a bunch on the floor of my tiki bar, then poured the rest down the drain because, in my new drunken state, assumed it was old. Good times.

I started it again and just poured a couple splashes from all my open rum into it. Hoping for better luck this time around.

View Profile of TheKiltedFez Send a personal message to TheKiltedFez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-02-27 4:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-02-23 15:23, TheKiltedFez wrote:
accidentally dumped a bunch on the floor of my tiki bar, then poured the rest down the drain because, in my new drunken state, assumed it was old

Ouch! I hate it when I do drunken actions like that.

I once was making a mai tai, wandered off to relieve my bladder, came back to the kitchen and promptly poured all the ingredients down the drain because I thought it was just ice water, chilling my shaker. 4 ounces of good liquor down the drain.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-02-27 5:16 pm   Permalink

I have an infinity bottle that was filled with 20 ounces of Virgin Island, Jamaican, and misc. rum. It was tasting good but non-descript. Until I put two ounces of Neisson rhum blanc in it. Just that 10 percent addition of rhum agricole completely changed the blend. Fortunately, both my wife and I like rhum agricole, so I think this change will not be a problem.

Anyone else have a similar experience? What did you add that made the difference?

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation