Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's
Trader Sam's
BambooRadley
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-24 10:13 pm   Permalink

Traveled here from Nashville for biz...Am I crazy ? or is this a fail on several levels- pretty disappointed.
BR

[ This Message was edited by: BambooRadley 2017-08-24 22:14 ]

View Profile of BambooRadley Send a personal message to BambooRadley      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-25 02:33 am   Permalink

Well it obviously got you drunk enough to make this post.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijimmy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-25 05:30 am   Permalink

Well....maybe if you elaborated ....we could agree or disagree on each "level".....there are things I loved about the place and things I really didn't like

View Profile of tikijimmy Send a personal message to tikijimmy  Email tikijimmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-08-25 05:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-25 02:33, happy buddha wrote:
Well it obviously got you drunk enough to make this post.

Ok THAT is funny!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-08-25 06:30 am   Permalink

Your thread title doesn't specify Sam's Orlando or Sam's Anaheim. And there is already a thread for this.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44996&forum=1

Hope you had a decent enough time to have enjoyed SOMETHING there? It's great that the Disney folks who design and build stuff get to express their appreciation for tiki. Your other choice might have been a Polynesian sports bar or something like that....

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-25 07:33 am   Permalink

If its Orlando I kind of get the complaints. Their 20,000 Leagues theme really trumps any tiki feel.

I liked Anaheim though.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-25 07:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-25 07:33, JasonMa wrote:
If its Orlando I kind of get the complaints. Their 20,000 Leagues theme really trumps any tiki feel.

Sorry, that's my fault. I love Tiki and I love Jules Verne. They custom built it for me.

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-08-25 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-25 07:33, JasonMa wrote:

I liked Anaheim though.

Orlando gets quite noisy and in-your-face at times with the show. The 20,000 Leagues stuff is especially intrusive if you're trying to talk, or if you've already seen it 5 times in the last 10 minutes, heh...

I don't think it's geared towards repeat customers. The people who have the most fun seem to be the first time or infrequent guests. After that it gradually loses its novelty. I will guess that we should expect some "refresh" changes at some point, but not very soon because the show designers have their project lists very full with all the new lands and stuff.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-25 11:47 am   Permalink

Grog Grotto is definitely geared toward a tourist audience and those completely unfamiliar with tiki. Also a 2 minute Uh Oa show gets pretty old pretty quick. But I'd love to hear OP elaborate.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-25 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-25 07:53, AceExplorer wrote:

Orlando gets quite noisy and in-your-face at times with the show. The 20,000 Leagues stuff is especially intrusive if you're trying to talk, or if you've already seen it 5 times in the last 10 minutes, heh...

I don't think it's geared towards repeat customers. The people who have the most fun seem to be the first time or infrequent guests. After that it gradually loses its novelty.

That happens in Anaheim too... The first few Krakatoas are funny, but eventually you're all "'scuse me, I'd like to hear my conversation thanks!"

Maybe they need to randomize the effects so that part of the thrill will be whether or not your particular order will set it off

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iolani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-08-25 2:44 pm   Permalink

I enjoy the atmosphere at the Orlando Trader Sam's, but the bartenders leave a lot to be desired, personality-wise, and cocktail knowledge-wise.

They should have brought one or two of the excellent bartenders from the Tambu downstairs to mentor the kids running Trader Sam's. Bartenders that know their drinks and that are more than happy (even excited) to pour classic, off-menu cocktails. Bartenders that know how to chat and engage with customers (even when busy) rather than treat them with disdain. YMMV.

View Profile of Iolani Send a personal message to Iolani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-26 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-08-24 22:13, BambooRadley wrote:
Traveled here from Nashville for biz...Am I crazy ? or is this a fail on several levels- pretty disappointed.

Or is he referring to 'Trad'r Sam' (https://critiki.com/location/tradr-sam-san-francisco-157/)?

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-08-26 2:37 pm   Permalink

Have been to both Disneyland & Disney World TS's twice each. For me the overall nod would go to TS @ Disneyland.

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cvcgolf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 4:36 pm   Permalink

Trader Sam's at Disneyland is fantastic.. I go just about every Saturday night.. It's crowded now and I have to wait for seats these days, damn.. Anyway, they just added new drinks to the menu.. A new menu was printed up because of them.. 3 or 4 new drinks so get down there but not on a Saturday night.. Ha!

View Profile of cvcgolf Send a personal message to cvcgolf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation