[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Below Decks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Below Decks
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 10:42 am   Permalink

From what in 2010 was a small 1950's era garage, with white walls and ceiling, to what is now the very humble The Below Decks. Always an incomplete work in progress. Like life.

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 10:57 am   Permalink

what a great bar!

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 11:34 am   Permalink

Very nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-09-20 12:03 pm   Permalink

Nice mix of Tiki and nautical

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 12:30 pm   Permalink

That's fantastic! Can't believe you've kept this fantastic getaway to yourself until now!

Lots of great Disney influence here, put to great use. Sometimes I think I'm the only person who doesn't have at least one of those drummers! Excellent use of vegetation as interior accents. What I'm really envious of is your magnificent Marquesan tiki. That thing looks really sweet.

Seriously, great job all around!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 1:34 pm   Permalink

wow thats so so cool! im stealing some of your ideas! whats the overall size? love it!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-09-20 1:39 pm   Permalink

Great to finally see more than just a glimpse from your cocktail photos. Excellent job with what looks like a tiny space.

Quote:

On 2017-09-20 12:30, Prikli Pear wrote:
What I'm really envious of is your magnificent Marquesan tiki.

I believe that's one of Tiki Diablo's from Home Depot a few years ago. Most stores only got the Maori and the "Ku." The Marq was a lot rarer. I forgot those existed. Shame they weren't as abundant as the others.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I believe that's one of Tiki Diablo's from Home Depot a few years ago. Most stores only got the Maori and the "Ku." The Marq was a lot rarer. I forgot those existed. Shame they weren't as abundant as the others.

Figures I'd get into tiki after Home Despot stopped offering the cool stuff!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-20 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-20 14:47, Prikli Pear wrote:
Quote:

Figures I'd get into tiki after Home Despot stopped offering the cool stuff!

It is, indeed, a magnificent Tiki Diablo Daniel Gallardo Home Depot Marquesan tiki. For more than three weeks I frequented and searched almost every Home Depot in the Los Angeles area and never once saw the Marquesan. However, I'm more than blessed to have a very good, loyal and way-too-generous friend (Thanks Alan!) who unbeknownst to me drove to Bakersfield, bought one (and I think/hope another for himself), drove back to Los Angeles and left it waiting for me on our front doorstep!

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 08:19 am   Permalink

Great bar! Where did you get that Swiss Family Treehouse sign from? I love it!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 2:49 pm   Permalink

Dude
Awesome
Looks great
Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:30 am   Permalink

Yer place looks great!

Like the old timey photos too.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:30 pm   Permalink

Amazing, and truly inspiring. Love the Disney references, the place just looks drenched in history.

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-21 08:19, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Great bar! Where did you get that Swiss Family Treehouse sign from? I love it!

Lots of people behind the making of that. The "Swiss Family Treehouse" sign at the bottom was made by a former Disney artist who no longer is in the business of making signs. The leaves and the "bamboo" bucket in the middle was one of the buckets which took water from the river up to the treehouse before it was changed to Tarzan. The leaves in the bucket were also leaves from the Swiss Family Treehouse. (the vines are just added decoration.) The overall design of it was from a sketch by the creative, inventive genius Kevin Kidney, who graciously replied to a request to help make us make a "frame" to display the original bucket. And then from that sketch, it was all assembled, built and put together by Michael Okin.

[ This Message was edited by: The Below Decks 2017-09-22 15:24 ]

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 5:28 pm   Permalink

Kool

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation