Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tikiroom Comic book by Marvel
Tikiroom Comic book by Marvel
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 04:28 am   Permalink

I can't find this posted on TC (I hope) but Marvel a.k.a. Disney is putting out a Enchanted TikiRoom comic book. Being released this month at comic book stores and in stores in various Disney parks.

Here's a link:
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/06/exclusive-enchanted-tiki-room-comic-book-announced-by-imagineers-and-marvels-disney-kingdoms-creative-team/

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 04:32 am   Permalink

Sorry that was a article last year. Did anybody buy these comics and where can I get one.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 29 days ago; 08:03 am   Permalink

I have almost a full set, including variants. I'm missing the 1 in 25 and 1 in 50 covers from issue 1 but have all the other issue 1 covers and all the covers from issues 2 through 5. There's also a trade hardback that was just released with all 5 issues in it and the artwork for most (all?) the vairiant covers. You can get that through Amazon (my copy was just delivered yesterday).

If you want individual issues I'd talk to your local comic shop or online at something like Midtown Comics.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 09:46 am   Permalink

So what's it like? Any good?

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonMa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:01 am   Permalink

The story is pretty meh but the artwork is fun. Essentially the story is the Tiki Room as Fantasy Island.

This is actually the 6th(?) Disney Kingdoms comic series based on Disney attractions. Seekers of the Weird (inspired by tthe never build Museum of the Weird), Figment (inspired by Journey Into Imagination), Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Figment 2, Haunted Mansion, and the Enchanted Tiki room. They seem to have stopped after the Tiki room but they were supposed to have some announcement at Comic-Con about the future of the series, though I never heard anything.

View Profile of JasonMa Send a personal message to JasonMa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:36 am   Permalink

You can get a feel for it here...https://read.marvel.com/#/book/42898. Looks pretty cool!

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevekh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:41 am   Permalink

Brian Kesinger is a great illustrator that has done at least one of the covers - another great disney artist is Jeremy Spears, who specializes in wood carving and does some cool little tikis

Brian Kesinger instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/briankesinger/

Jeremy Spears instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/whittlewoodshop/

View Profile of stevekh Send a personal message to stevekh  Goto the website of stevekh     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmaurice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 7:27 pm   Permalink

We have them. We use the single issues as wall art and have the digest sitting on the coffee table.

View Profile of mmaurice Send a personal message to mmaurice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 03:35 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone, going to Amazon now.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation