FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ General Tiki ╗ ╗ Tainted tiki torches?
Tainted tiki torches?
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-09-24 7:32 pm   Permalink

So...are we safe to use our tiki torches now, or do we have to wait a little bit longer for the Nazi stigma to wear off?

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-24 10:39 pm   Permalink

I never stopped using mine. I just wrote the nazi pigs off.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-09-25 06:22 am   Permalink

Yeah, I ran across a big batch of used torches for cheap at Goodwill right after that happened, but was leery about buying them while it was still in the news.

And then there's this:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/us-couples-nazi-parody-song-performed-in-response-to-charlottesville-is-going-viral-a3615721.html

[ This Message was edited by: tikitube 2017-09-25 06:28 ]

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-25 07:01 am   Permalink

I have a dream that one day this nation will realize they can turn their devices on the side before recording videos for upload to the interwebz.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-09-25 09:56 am   Permalink

This is not an endorsement for these two in any way. BUTů.

Adolf Hitler, Time Magazines's 1938 Man of the Year. On January 2, 1939, Time Magazine published its annual Man of the Year issue.

Stalin claimed the Man of the Year title twice: 1939 and 1942.

Stalin dictated the Soviet Union on the opposite side of the war. Under his rule, Soviet soldiers executed Polish prisoners of war, reportedly raped women in occupied towns and set up their own concentration camps.

Joseph Stalin, the Secretary General of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (1922-1953), was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1945 and 1948 for his efforts to end World War II.
And Adolf Hitler was nominated ted for the Nobel Peace Prize once in 1939.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-09-25 09:59 am   Permalink

There are some really cool old Halloween torches as well.
So torches have been used in many ways over the years.

BUT if people want to hate you they will twist whatever you do into a bad thing.

I don't put out the torches as much because I'm too lazy to fill them.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dewey-surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-28 3:52 pm   Permalink

Try being a middle aged white guy, who shaves his head buying some. It's not easy. Stupid racists ruining my nice backyard glow!

View Profile of dewey-surf Send a personal message to dewey-surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZombieZach89
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-09-30 1:46 pm   Permalink

dont worry the masses dont have the attention span to care for more then a day

View Profile of ZombieZach89 Send a personal message to ZombieZach89  Goto the website of ZombieZach89     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-09-30 7:46 pm   Permalink

Found out about this brouhaha during our first big tiki party this summer. Fortunately, my friend who pointed it out to me was just yanking my chain when he asked about my Nazi sympathies.

The last thing in my life that hadn't been politicized was Tiki. And then it was. Can I have 1989 back?

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-01 02:41 am   Permalink

"Can I have 1989 back?"

Ha! have you seen the TV show Deadliest Decade....
For me the 80s were great!

"The 1980's. A time of greed, glamour, and murder. Real life crimes are vividly re-enacted"

JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-11 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-09-24 22:39, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
I never stopped using mine. I just wrote the nazi pigs off.

+ 1

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation