Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » “Tiki with Ray” Show
“Tiki with Ray” Show
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-25 9:24 pm   Permalink

Ray Wyland (“Tiki with Ray”) has started a YouTube show where he discusses various tiki topics with guests. I’ve enjoyed his blog for awhile, and I’m enjoying his videos, too. I bet others here might also be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLJHygSs5IV2ET-2xBwqcg

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-26 5:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the head's up... I'm watching it now!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmaurice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-09-26 7:09 pm   Permalink

Nice, just subscribed

View Profile of mmaurice Send a personal message to mmaurice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-26 9:50 pm   Permalink

He just posted another episode, this one on Disney and tiki. Not quite as interesting as previous episodes; good thing I have a Daiquiri....

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-11-01 11:19 pm   Permalink

I’ve found most recent episodes to be so-so, but I would like to highlight two that I have enjoyed:

Episode 7: Straight-Edge Tiki

The book recommendations were especially helpful as I observed Sober October. “Kiddie Cocktails” looks really neat.

Episode 10: Elvis and Tiki

I enjoy Elvis’ “Blue Hawaii” album, and this episode has convinced me to check out the movie, as well as some of his other non-tiki albums and movies. (The only Elvis movie I’ve seen is ”It Happened at the World’s Fair.”)

HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-11-02 8:55 pm   Permalink

Subscribed!

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-11-03 09:05 am   Permalink

Love the “Straight-Edge” episode (used to use the term “dry” for dry drinks or a dry bar) because I personally don’t drink but I realize it is part of tiki and it is good to know I can now get closer to the FULL experience. The “Tiki Oasis” episode didn’t cover the workshops/seminars which is one of the many things I like at the Oasis. Over all some what informative and some what entertaining so the combination is great tiki infotainment. Keep it up Ray. Subscribed and recommend!

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2017-11-03 09:10 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 6:08 pm   Permalink

“Episode 12: Tiki and Photography” is pretty interesting. Ray talks to Dieter, who takes most of the photos for the “Tiki with Ray” blog.

Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 11:57 pm   Permalink

I also enjoyed “Episode 13: Tiki In Seattle” and appreciate that it’s set in a home tiki bar.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation