Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki Central Account Creation issues
Tiki Central Account Creation issues
Chester Copperpot

Posted: 2017-10-19 11:38 am   Permalink

Hi gang,

There are a few users on /r/Tiki that are having trouble creating an account here.

Below is the URL to the sub post and two users that are having issues. Can a mod go over and work with these people so they can become Tiki Central members?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tiki/comments/77337v/problems_getting_signed_up_to_tiki_central/

I had a few issues getting my account created for this site last year and figured I could get some exposure to this issue people are reporting.

I also searched for account creation issues on this sub but didn't find an already started thread.

Thanks,
Chester Copperpot

[ This Message was edited by: Chester Copperpot 2017-10-19 13:48 ]

View Profile of Chester Copperpot Send a personal message to Chester Copperpot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-19 1:37 pm   Permalink

I vaguely recall having some trouble creating an account as well--the confirmation email never arriving. Or was that Critiki? Regardless, I eventually got that squared away, but there does seem to be some sort of email jinx in the system.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-19 5:03 pm   Permalink

I had issues signing up a year ago, too, so there seems to be a persistent issue. Here’s a year old thread about the problem:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=51589&forum=1&3

New people want to join us here! How can we make it as easy as possible for them to start contributing?

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-10-19 9:04 pm   Permalink

I had trouble too. It said my account was created but I never got the confirmation email, and couldn't log in. I ended up accidentally creating a second account, and couldn't access that one either. Luckily the mods got me squared away, and now you all get to read my crap.

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-19 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-10-19 21:04, tikitube wrote:
...and now you all get to read my crap.

Made me laugh!

We should consider a "King of Crap" thread. I'm sure I'd end up there once in a while, lol!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2017-10-20 06:39 am   Permalink

Chester, if they provide their email address, they can get their account set up. Please direct them to the link at the bottom of this page, it reads "Contact Tiki Central"...

Here's the direct link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/about/contact.php

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chester Copperpot

Posted: 2017-10-20 06:52 am   Permalink

Thanks, I sent them this link originally and they said they both had issues.

I forward this onto them again and hopefully they can get some help.

Mahalo,
Chester Copperpot

View Profile of Chester Copperpot Send a personal message to Chester Copperpot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-20 06:59 am   Permalink

What's most problematic is that the confirmation email simply doesn't arrive. The common response is "Check your spam folder" but at this point, most people automatically do so. The email just doesn't show up, spam folder or otherwise.

And it's not just Tiki Central that this is an issue with. I've noticed the same thing happen across the web, with old sites as well as new. I'm not code-savvy enough to know what the glitch is, but I know the manifestation is wide-spread across the interwebz, even if it isn't terribly common.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wearefunkytiki

Posted: 2017-10-21 08:13 am   Permalink

....and I'm IN!

I finally received an email from the administrator. Outstanding.

Thanks to everyone who helped

I am at Circa Caliente in Palm Springs this weekend.

Last night, after having dinner at the Tonga Hut we wandered back to the Caliente Tropic motel.

Sat by the pool, had a few (more) drinks and had a blast listening to the Hula Girls rock out.

Today is some going to be some tours of the post modern architecture and an evening soirée with Shag.

He's having a Re-Grand Opening at his gallery, celebrating the recovery from the earlier fire.

Again....Mahalo to everyone who helped!

View Profile of Wearefunkytiki Send a personal message to Wearefunkytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2017-10-21 08:45 am   Permalink

Welcome to the board!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2017-10-23 9:51 pm   Permalink

Ditto. Had several problems getting on board, finally asked the wife to attack the problem (she's much better at this stuff than I am).

Registered several names, used several different email accounts, finally got it licked. But it was pretty disheartening for a long time lurker to finally come out of the cold . . . .and then remain in the cold for a few weeks more.

Happy to be here, wish it was easier to create an account.

B

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation