FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Massive fiberglass sharks?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Massive fiberglass sharks?
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 20 days ago; 06:28 am   Permalink

I just ran across an auction listing for items from closed Joe's Crab Shack restaurants, and they've got some fun nautical themed stuff including fish, signs, old oars, and even a couple of fiberglass sharks.

It looks like the auction is based in SC, but it says something about shipping via FedEx. Of course, I doubt they will ship a shark.

http://pciauctions.com/auction_details.php?auction=2583&page=Joe%27s+Crab+Shack+Seafood+And+More+Restaurant+Equipment+Auction

Here are the sharks:
http://pciauctions.com/item_detail.php?item=586063
http://pciauctions.com/item_detail.php?item=586064

Anyways, just passing on the link, if you happen to live nearby and think something might fit into your decor. I'm not affiliated with the site or anything...

Cheers,

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 20 days ago; 06:32 am   Permalink

One still has no bids

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WWBBQ

Posted: 13 days ago; 6:43 pm   Permalink

Many thanks Tikitube and MadDogMike! Without you guys, I would never have seen.
I live in NC and was able to score one, and was close enough to pickup today. I've been snooping T/C for 10 yrs. Finally able to get my bar moving on. Promise some pictures soon. Finally got started with our local tiki bar closing and I was managed to recover the huge sign.
What started as The ParTiki is now The Tiki Hideaway. Here in North Carolina, Tiki collides with coastal so the shark will be a great addition.
Thanks fellers

View Profile of WWBBQ Send a personal message to WWBBQ  Email WWBBQ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 13 days ago; 7:38 pm   Permalink

Nothing like a first post with a HUGE statement! Congratulations, looking forward to pics of the Tiki Hideaway

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 8:42 pm   Permalink

That shark will make a nice accent piece. You have a little nook reserved for it?

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 12 days ago; 11:33 am   Permalink

OMG!!!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 12 days ago; 5:08 pm   Permalink

Bet the trip home with that was interesting! Wonder how many cars slowed down to take a look/picture?

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WWBBQ

Posted: 12 days ago; 6:07 pm   Permalink

Yup, she's a beaut! 16 feet of fun. And YES, plenty of strange looks, photos, and gawkers on her 2 hour ride home. Most frequent question: 1) what are you gonna do with that? When I responded "Going in my Tiki Bar" - everyone wanted an invite. Of course one kid at the restaurant break, asked if his mother could hold him up so he could put his head in the mouth!
Again Many thanks for the Hot Tip. More pics to follow.

View Profile of WWBBQ Send a personal message to WWBBQ  Email WWBBQ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 8:02 pm   Permalink

You’re gonna need a bigger boat

I certainly hope you have the jaws theme song playing your tiki bar now and then

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2017-12-01 20:03 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WWBBQ

Posted: 8 days ago; 3:24 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you are probably right! We put this boat in the ceiling of the bar, before we got the shark!!!! She's too short (16ft)and leaks. "3 hour tour", you know. Had to place the SS Minnow II about 25 ft from the ground, so we needed a "little help from our friends", and modern machinery to get her in place. A fine adventure.

GROG

Posted: 8 days ago; 3:29 pm   Permalink

Looks like it's gonna be fun bar. Awesome purchase of the shark for the bar.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 4:32 pm   Permalink

Holy smokes! When the props you get for your Tiki bar are so big you have to build the bar around them!...

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube

Posted: 7 days ago; 4:48 pm   Permalink

YES!! So glad you scored one of them. I didn't realize it was THAT big.

Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Cheers,

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 8:18 pm   Permalink

This is going to be nuts! So very much looking forward to you build thread!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheParkCollector
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:06 am   Permalink

I just moved to Raleigh. Perhaps I can come by sometime.

View Profile of TheParkCollector Send a personal message to TheParkCollector  Email TheParkCollector Goto the website of TheParkCollector     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation