FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Hey everyone. Anyone got any good tiki recipes using creme de cassis?
Hey everyone. Anyone got any good tiki recipes using creme de cassis?
myrongainesbrah

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:20 pm   Permalink

I'm looking for a good reason to buy it because it sounds interesting but if I do n't find any good cocktails I'll prob just save my money

View Profile of myrongainesbrah Send a personal message to myrongainesbrah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LeftarmofBuddha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:57 pm   Permalink

The only one I know of is The Diablo which didn't really blow me away when I had it. There may be others. I remember seeing somewhere that some people use creme de cassis in place of blueberry liqueur but I don't know of many that feature one either.

View Profile of LeftarmofBuddha Send a personal message to LeftarmofBuddha  Email LeftarmofBuddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 12:11 am   Permalink

I love Ciro"s Special, from Grog Log, however not everyone does.

1 oz fresh lime
3/4 creme de cassis
1/4 Grand Marnier
1 1/2 oz Dark Jamaican rum.
shake with ice cubes and strain into cocktail glass.

You can also substitute white tequila for rum, I have not.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BundyBob

Posted: 13 days ago; 10:53 pm   Permalink

We are lucky in the PNW to have both Jason Alexander and Tiki Kon. Jason's Jungle Julep is a favorite for us. We don't have Mathilde Cassis locally. We've tried Cartron Cassis, but it is a bit sweet and we prefer Clear Creek Distilleries Cassis Liqueur. We had it the other day with spindly grocery store mint and it was still wonderful!

View Profile of BundyBob Send a personal message to BundyBob  Email BundyBob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 12 days ago; 09:04 am   Permalink

I am very tempted to buy a bottle just to try that julep - that sounds amazing.

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 12 days ago; 5:18 pm   Permalink

The Sumatra Kula recipe Arriano reverse engineered for his 1950s DTB booklet uses a dash of cassis. I usually extrapolate that into a generous barspoon of the stuff, because A: it kind of gets lost in the drink otherwise and B: I aint got no dasher cap on that bottle.

Sumatra Kula
1½ oz Gold Filipino Rum
½ oz Lime Juice
½ oz Grapefruit Juice
½ oz Orange Juice
½ oz Honey Mix
1 dash Crème de Cassis
Put everything in a blender. Add 3 ounces crushed ice and blend at high
speed for five seconds. Pour into a pilsner glass. Add more crushed ice to fill.
Garnish with a mint sprig.

[ This Message was edited by: PalmtreePat 2017-12-05 17:19 ]

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation