[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Lemons
TU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-10 6:30 pm   Permalink

So...I have 3 lemon trees bursting with lemons. Does anyone have a favorite drunk recipe using lemons? If you are in the Las Vegas area and want some lemons hit me up.

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-10 6:39 pm   Permalink

Viking Fogcutter - it's one of my favorite drinks. Be cautious if your lemons are tart though. This drink *sings* to me when the lemons are tree-ripened and not too tart. The Aquavit float seals the deal.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-10 6:42 pm   Permalink

* Note: Newer Viking Fogcutter versions (starting around 1970) call for lime juice instead of lemon. I'm referring to the 40's and 50's recipes.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 12:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-12-10 18:30, TU wrote:
So...I have 3 lemon trees bursting with lemons. Does anyone have a favorite drunk recipe using lemons? If you are in the Las Vegas area and want some lemons hit me up.

Saturn Cocktail is true Tiki and delicious.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 09:27 am   Permalink

I have been on a total lemon kick lately, love it in cocktails. Not tiki, but current faves in rotation at home are:

Bees Knees - gin, lemon, honey
Hot Lemonade (aka Hot Toddy) - bourbon, lemon, honey, hot water
French 75 - gin, lemon, simple syrup, champagne

Definitely echo the Saturn and Fog Cutter (any version!) nods. The Hurricane is a lemon-based cocktail as well. I recently had a lovely drink at one of my work locals made from Old Grandad, lemon, and orange honey. Wonderful stuff.

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 11:43 am   Permalink

Lots of good cocktails using lemon/orange/passionfruit combos, like the Lapu Lapu. Either way if they're bursting, get juicing and freeze what you don't plan to use!

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-11 12:28 pm   Permalink

"If life hands you lemons... freeze them and throw them at passing cars"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 1:57 pm   Permalink

Cannae believe I didn't think of this before - you should totally make a bunch of homemade limoncello!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 2:03 pm   Permalink

I make something I call a Trader Vic Lemonade (not because it's actually his recipe, but because it uses alot of his favorite ingredients) when I have a lot of lemons or if its really hot out

1 1/2 oz orgeat
1 1/2 oz lemon juice
1 oz white rum
1 oz brandy
4 oz club soda

Shake all except soda to chill, then add soda and pour into tall glass. Add ice cubes to fill.

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-11 2:07 pm   Permalink

Saturns are the best for sure. More of a classic than a tiki drink, the Corpse Reviver #2 is one of my all time favorites.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmtreePat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-11 2:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-12-11 14:07, lunavideogames wrote:
Saturns are the best for sure. More of a classic than a tiki drink, the Corpse Reviver #2 is one of my all time favorites.

Oooohhhh I second that Corpse Reviver. The greatest of all breakfast drinks.

View Profile of PalmtreePat Send a personal message to PalmtreePat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-12 1:06 pm   Permalink

There's another thread about freezing juices somewhere. I put juices in an ice cube tray, they are about an ounce each. After they are frozen, I individually wrap them in Saran Wrap and then mark and bag them

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-12 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-12-12 13:06, MadDogMike wrote:
There's another thread about freezing juices somewhere.

We do get new threads for old questions, so I generally don't answer. It's the same (or very similar) question over and over again. The "we don't answer cuz it's a duplicate" issue is a bummer for the questioner because some of us have extensive experience with some of these repeat questions. The lesson? Search before you create a thread, and you'll probably find a better place to ask your question.

Gotta run -- I have a post I wanna start about "best blender" or "best ice crusher."

Tongue-in-cheek of course... But not really, though, lol...

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-12-12 2:41 pm   Permalink

Here's that other thread. But it might have been hard to find, it wasn't under freezing or lemon. I was able to find it quickly because I knew I had posted the word "Saran" which is an uncommon word on here

TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-12-12 2:56 pm   Permalink

And the Trader Vic Lemonade mentioned above is basically a Trader's Vic Punch minus the orange juice. There a tons and tons of drinks that require lemons juice. My cocktail recipe DB has well over 30.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation