[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2018
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hukilau 2018
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 2:39 pm   Permalink

Yes it was a great event, Tim's tour of the Mai Kai on Sunday was also a highlight, We will be returning next week for our last night just before we fly home

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 05:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-06-13 07:15, Hearn wrote:
Kind of sad to see the lack of posts on Hukilau here. That said, here's a bunch of cool photos from Miami Times

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/slideshow/the-hukilau-2018-high-tide-party-at-pier-sixty-six-hotel-and-marina-fort-lauderdale-photos-10431563

P.S. Swanky's (free) symposium this year was completely awesome. Some great "lost" pics of Mai Kai and great stories of Bob Van Dorpe and Donn Beach (The Later Years). I'm so glad someone is taking the effort to write a detailed biography of the man (Thanks Swanky!)

[ This Message was edited by: Hearn 2018-06-13 07:17 ]

Thank you! I felt bad that day and felt like that was my worst presentation. I just felt a bit flat. Strength of the material I guess.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 9:45 pm   Permalink

Just got home from Hukilau-What an awesome event.! Met a lot of great Tiki Peeps as well as seeing lottsa friends from Cali. Seminars were super. Mahalo to all for their efforts in putting this event together.
Btw, I got caught up by TSA For trying to board my flight with the hardware portion of a vintage ice crusher in my carry on. I had the plastic ice storage section in my luggage. Got em reversed. Had a lot of splaining to do to about ten agents. They had no idea what I had.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation