FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Aku Aku, Las Vegas Mugs!
Aku Aku, Las Vegas Mugs!
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-23 11:39 am   Permalink

Help please!
We have two Aku Aku, Las Vegas mugs, but they have a different font on the undersides, I have done research but cannot seem to find out which one is the oldest one, can anyone help please?
Thanks.

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-24 1:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
I'd say the mug on the right with the even and straight font and in the middle of the base is the older one.

The remnants of the old small foil label from the manufacturer, OMC, is also a good sign. This label was on most of their items that were manufactured in the company's early days and can be seen on many Tiki Mugs from the same era. I think the company started around 1961 but not 100% on that.

Hope this helps a little.
TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-09 10:50 am   Permalink

Thanks Dan That's a great help

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
traderswerve

Posted: 2018-03-27 05:27 am   Permalink

You should have asked..."which of the two mugs is better?" answer: the one on the left

View Profile of traderswerve Send a personal message to traderswerve  Email traderswerve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation