FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Art Swap 2018 - Dream Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Art Swap 2018 - Dream Tiki
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-01 11:57 am   Permalink

Alohaaaaaaa!

I've been MIA on TC for a bit (work, work, work, family), and out of the loop in the studio. Mike, thanks for reaching out.

I'm for a more "focused" theme than "anything tiki," since it lets us flex our mental muscles and think outside the box.

Looking at lists that Mike has compiled in the past, can I throw "Pufferfish" into the mix? Or, dare I say... Tiki Bob???

Mauka Hale, great ideas- I think "It's Magical Tiki" could make for some fun approaches.

(Mike, I'm one to have left this lush place a deserted island, my apologies. I have been lazy, and posting pics of ceramics from phone to Instagram take a lot less effort, especially w/ a three year old running around and trying to manage three businesses, plus leaving time to drink, ha!)

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2018-03-01 12:02 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-01 6:33 pm   Permalink

TikiAno just when I was going to turn you in as a missing person you show up. You are a busy man. Have some fun too. Wendy

PS I love Tiki Bob

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-02 06:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-02-28 19:34, MaukaHale wrote:
Good! because I need to loose a few pounds before this swap gets started.

My goal is to lose 10 lbs this year. So far I only have 15 more to go

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-02 08:31 am   Permalink

Mike, I'm right there with you!

Wendy, I'm still kicking around. I get to see your work on Facebook, which keeps me smiling!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-03 07:55 am   Permalink

Tick tock tick tock

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-03 08:44 am   Permalink

MadDogMike is this the theme? Tikis that need to lose weight?

TikiAno I'm watching your son grow up on facebook which is a lot of fun.

hang10tiki a tiki that needs to lose weight because the clock is ticking?

MadDogMike since you do all the work to run the Swap I'm fine with you choosing the subject matter. One vote for that.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-03 1:34 pm   Permalink

Wendy,

You are so talented the topic could be "trailer trash tiki" and you would still make something very eloquent.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-03 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-03-03 08:44, danlovestikis wrote:
MadDogMike is this the theme? Tikis that need to lose weight?

Ha! I’d vote for that.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-03 6:20 pm   Permalink

Jon's in a hurry, or is he suggesting a "Time for Tiki" theme???

Wendy, I thought the terrible 2s were tough. I'm too old for the three's!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-03 7:02 pm   Permalink

MaukaHale now that's a big word to use. I'll have to look it up before I say thank you!

Hamo I could be the model.

TikiAno these are the years you build up your strength for when he is in his teen years.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-04 07:00 am   Permalink

Ano- welcome back bruddah
Don’t work to hard
As far as the 3’s: that’s when they start biting you

Just sharpening my tools
Awaiting a Mad Dog “on you mark, get set, go!!!”

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-04 2:40 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone. I also do not frequent much anymore. I was going to post a pic of the progress of tiki design in my backyard but i can't post pics from my phone. I will be busy being the coolest grandpa in the world this summer...but i will check in to see all the art!! Have a blast!!

Has anyone thought about turning tiki central into a Facebook page?

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-04 3:56 pm   Permalink

Check out this post of mine from 9 years ago.
Quote:

On 2009-08-23 10:07, MadDogMike wrote:
I'm a PROCRASTINATOR!!!! Here's what I should be doing instead of playing with clay:

Also - remodeling the bathroom, getting in shape to re-start Karate after 1 1/2 years off, building decorative faux surfboards for the church, helping my wife plan a baby shower for my upcoming grandson, etc, etc, etc. Instead, I'm playing with clay and epoxy! "Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a procrastinator"

Update. I have moved out of that house (4 years ago) and have finally got it rented out. I has been taking up all my time but:
I sold the truck several years ago
I cleaned the shed out this week

I paid someone to rake the leaves
That grass died several years ago when I quit watering it.
I finally remodeled the bathroom last month
Never did get back in shape
Don't remember what happened to the faux surfboards?
The baby shower was a success, that "baby" is now 8 years old and has 2 brothers

I've finally got the house about all wrapped up - time to have some fun! I will have a theme for our Art Swap by THIS FRIDAY

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2018-03-04 17:32 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-04 5:56 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike that was very entertaining. Looking forward to the Friday announcement. Wendy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-04 7:28 pm   Permalink

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation