[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Support my DtB research
Support my DtB research
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-22 06:20 am   Permalink

My Patreon Page

The goal of a Don Beach biography and that research is huge. If you'd like to help, here is a good way.

Thanks for your support.

And happy birthday Don!

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-22 11:22 am   Permalink

Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already. Wow, definitely a worthy (and challenging) undertaking. I wonder if there's any information hiding in Mexia after all this time...

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-23 04:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-02-22 11:22, Prikli Pear wrote:
Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already. Wow, definitely a worthy (and challenging) undertaking. I wonder if there's any information hiding in Mexia after all this time...

Mike Skinner found some articles in their local paper, but they were mostly duplicates of stories in major markets.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-23 2:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2018-02-22 11:22, Prikli Pear wrote:
Kind of amazing there hasn't been a full biography published already.

There is one by Arnold Bitner. Also, I think Sven Kirsten devotes a whole chapter to Don in his "The Book of Tiki".

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-23 9:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

There is one by Arnold Bitner. Also, I think Sven Kirsten devotes a whole chapter to Don in his "The Book of Tiki".

Was it originally published through iUniverse, or is that a reprint? Most of the iUniverse books I've encountered are of questionable quality.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-24 07:54 am   Permalink

Yes, iUniverse

This book is based on Don's own "memoire" and journals, etc. His writings on his own life, edited by Phoebe Beach's husband Arnold.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation