Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Podcasts
Podcasts
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-02-23 7:17 pm   Permalink

What exotica, lounge, retro cocktail podcasts are you listening too?

I've been listening to Koop Kooper on cocktailnation but most of my other favorite podcasts have stopped broadcasting.

FYI - I'm looking for something I can stream at a later time.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-23 9:07 pm   Permalink

I'm listening to 5 Minutes of Rum, Inside the Desert Oasis Room, Marooned: A Texas Tiki Podcast, Quiet Village, Exotic Tiki Island Podcast and Zen Tiki Lounge. Pretty much in that order. I listen to them during my daily commute, and have only recently gotten into the whole podcast thing, so most of these I still have a lot of catching up to do. But 5 Minutes of Rum is great for introducing me to new rums I haven't tried yet, and Desert Oasis Room quickly evolved from being a meandering slog to a really cool (casual) interview format. And Marooned is great for us Texas residents. I'm sure there's more good stuff out there, but again, I'm new to the concept.

[ This Message was edited by: Prikli Pear 2018-02-24 19:52 ]

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kevincrossman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-02-24 11:40 am   Permalink

That's pretty much my list, too (except ETI). I know there are some streaming shows too, like Kitty & Mr. C, just wish they were in the podcast rather than streaming format.

I've listed to some other cocktail related shows, depending on the guest.
Shift Drink (great interview with Martin Cate this month)
Music and Booze with Mo

View Profile of kevincrossman Send a personal message to kevincrossman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-24 3:02 pm   Permalink

Hey Scott! Thanks for listening!

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-02-24 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-02-23 21:07, Prikli Pear wrote:
I'm listening to 5 Minutes of Rum, Inside the Desert Oasis Room, Marooned: A Texas Tiki Podcast, Quiet Village, Exotic Tiki Island Podcast and Zen Tiki Lounge.

Thanks Prikli Pear! I'll check those out!

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davidphantomatic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-03-29 8:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for spreading the word, Jayme!

View Profile of davidphantomatic Send a personal message to davidphantomatic  Goto the website of davidphantomatic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation