Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Travel Ľ Ľ New Orleans
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Orleans
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-05 11:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-03-09 15:43, The Below Decks wrote:
I can send you restaurant, music and tour recommendations as well. We just got back from another trip this past weekend. Fantastic, as always. If you have a bad meal or a bad drink in New Orleans you're doing something wrong. Far, far too many incredible places to waste your time and money on badly made drinks and bad food.

TBD,

If it's not too much trouble, could you send me your list as well?

Mahalo in advance,

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jokeiii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-05 11:12 am   Permalink

Flying out last minute from Miami to New Orleans tomorrow.
1) Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!
2) We'll be staying just outside the French Quarter (think Harrah's) and planning to mostly Uber/walk. Are there any interesting liquor stores with noteworthy rum selections? I'm a big fan of popping into such places, because you never know what you will find. ("Ooh, a J Wray and Nephew 17 year old...only $5!")

View Profile of jokeiii Send a personal message to jokeiii  Goto the website of jokeiii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-15 12:41 pm   Permalink

jokeiii, Iím sure Iím too late responding now, but had I seen this thread before, would say the Old New Orleans distillery tour is worth an Uber. Itís been about 5 years since I did it, but would go again. Itís short and to the point I think but you get to sample some wares (donít know if they still do it, but our group was able to taste a literal finger dip of the full proof rum right out the tank. Wow!

Curious to know what you found and did on your trip. Post pics if ya got some!

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: finky099 2018-09-15 12:41 ]

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation