FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Marketplace Ľ Ľ selling Witco God of Fortune fountain
selling Witco God of Fortune fountain
nolapenguin

Posted: 2018-03-20 10:59 am   Permalink

EDIT: This fountain is now listed on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302680001367

I need some guidance from the Tiki Masters. I am preparing to sell my Witco God of Fortune fountain. It was rescued last year, but has all of the original pieces. There are ZERO sales to give me some idea of its value. Can the good readers here give me a hand? I want to find a proper home for this guy.

[ This Message was edited by: nolapenguin 2018-03-20 11:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nolapenguin 2018-03-20 11:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nolapenguin 2018-03-23 12:35 ]

View Profile of nolapenguin Send a personal message to nolapenguin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-20 3:24 pm   Permalink

Iím interested in this guy. Sent you a message.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-20 3:47 pm   Permalink

Custom carved tikis usually go for $200 a foot. That would be a starting point and then add a premium for the fountain.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nolapenguin

Posted: 2018-03-20 9:07 pm   Permalink

A couple more shots.

View Profile of nolapenguin Send a personal message to nolapenguin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-21 8:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-03-20 15:47, MaukaHale wrote:
Custom carved tikis usually go for $200 a foot. That would be a starting point and then add a premium for the fountain.

but its more than that. its a witco piece and there arent a ton of these fountains out there and in good condition on top of it

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Email nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-21 8:43 pm   Permalink

The only way you're going to know is put it on Ebay with your minimum price and see what other people are willing to pay for it.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nolapenguin

Posted: 2018-03-23 1:47 pm   Permalink

Listed!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302680001367

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-23 2:16 pm   Permalink

"This Witco is, without reservation, one of a kind."

I have one just like it.
Well not stained.

Good luck.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nolapenguin

Posted: 2018-03-23 2:41 pm   Permalink

To be fair, no two Witco fountains are alike. Do you think that's an excessive claim? Honest question there, not snarky.

nolapenguin

Posted: 2018-03-23 2:45 pm   Permalink

I actually changed the description. That's a fair comment.

happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-23 3:58 pm   Permalink

Iíve got 4.
But yours is in really nice shape for sure, and they donít often have all the parts, especially the box the whole thing sits in. For some reason people tended to throw those away. Floor space issues, probably. A grand might be high, but maybe not. If someone wants one bad enough, they might pay that. $500-$750 is pretty typical for those.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-23 4:58 pm   Permalink

"Do you think that's an excessive claim?'

A bit, but I was not trying to get you to change it or anything, just sayin.
Got mine years ago.

I never see the good stuff at any price today.

Something is worth what a person will pay.
Heck those Disney tiki items are off the hook now.

There is more to a Witco than Disney stuff in my book.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation