FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Phil Moore - Polynesian Paradise : nice digital copy?
Phil Moore - Polynesian Paradise : nice digital copy?
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-04-08 11:12 am   Permalink

Aloha all!
Recently got turned on to this amazing album and was wondering if anyone knew of a nice, clean (reasonably) copy of this album available digitally for download anywhere? I found one but it is low bit rate and pretty noisy.
Thanks for any help!

Trader Gino

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bedhead

Posted: 2018-04-14 2:21 pm   Permalink

I have a download of this I got off of Xtabay's blog some twelve to fifteen years or so ago. It's pretty good, but I no longer have the album scans. I was using dial up then and it took over four hours for one thirty minute album to download. I could put it on a thumb drive (send one) maybe if you can't find it elsewhere. I have a poop load of stuff from that site and others that I could include, so if you need anything else on there, holler.
If you'd like it on a cd-r I could just send you one. I use Windows media so there might be a slight loss of harmonics to purists. Send me a private response with your address. There's usually room for a second album on a cd-r also, so again, just ask.

[ This Message was edited by: bedhead 2018-04-14 14:28 ]

View Profile of bedhead Send a personal message to bedhead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-04-15 1:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much bedhead!

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-06 1:20 pm   Permalink

This is a pretty good album begging for a CD release. Someone posted the entire album on Youtube. If you're clever you can dupe it off and separate the tracks and... voila!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-05-07 1:25 pm   Permalink

Go here:

https://my-free-mp3.net/

type in "Phil Moore," and scroll way down for the tracks from Paradise. You will have to download each track individually, just click on "download" to the right. Don't know if it's the complete album.

Wasn't familiar with this album, but I'm listening to these tracks now - nice!

View Profile of MrFab Send a personal message to MrFab  Email MrFab Goto the website of MrFab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-08 8:05 pm   Permalink

Hey Mr. Fab,
That site is a gold mine. Just lost an entire evening hunting!
Here's the front and back album covers for anyone looking.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-05-08 10:27 pm   Permalink

This is a great album. Thanks too for the tip on the website (where I was able to find another elusive album I’d been curious to hear). Interesting though, that the sleeve calls track 5 “Pearls of Paradise” but there it’s called “Pearls of Palmyra”, which matches this image of a label from Discogs.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-05-09 7:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads-up on those downloads Mr Fab!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-06-04 7:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-06-11 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-04-14 14:21, bedhead wrote:
I have a download of this I got off of Xtabay's blog some twelve to fifteen years or so ago.

Whatever happened to Xtabay's blog? I downloaded a lot of music from Xtabay. I rip my own vinyl to digital but Xtabay was a great place to get digital versions of albums I couldn't find on eBay or in thrift stores.

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation