Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The beginning
The beginning
TU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-29 08:09 am   Permalink

This is where the backyard tiki bar will be. Any suggestions on attaching bamboo and matting to an exterior white stucco wall is greatly appreciated! Any fellow tiki fans in the Las Vegas area are more than welcome to stop by forconstruction and cocktails.

[ This Message was edited by: TU 2018-04-29 08:24 ]

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-29 12:25 pm   Permalink

Always excited to see new beginnings!

You may end up having to build out from the stucco wall - furring strips then some thin plywood that you can then more easily attach the other materials to. That would also give you a chance to hide some of that conduit at the same time.

Good luck!

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-04-30 05:42 am   Permalink

Always exciting to watch a new build. I don't have any suggestions on the stucco however. I think building out from it however is a good suggestions.

Looking forward to progress photos.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CosmoReverb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-04-30 10:23 am   Permalink

I have a very similar spot where I am planning on building (white stucco wall with a patio covering/awning above it.)

I rent so contact cement or molly bolts are out of the question for me. I don't know if it will work, but what I plan on doing is using the wooden base board for the patio covering as an anchor for some brackets to lock the top of a framework in and build my tiki elements off of that frame work. I plan to do some ceiling effects as well and they should serve to cover the brackets.

I have plain earth at the ground so I just plan on staking the bottom of the frame down, but that conduit pipe you have seems like a good anchor for some baling wire for yours. Like I said this is all theoretical, but that's the direction I am going for.

Good luck!

[ This Message was edited by: CosmoReverb 2018-04-30 10:27 ]

View Profile of CosmoReverb Send a personal message to CosmoReverb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation