FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Bahi Hut Rebirth Thread.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Bahi Hut Rebirth Thread.
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-18 7:28 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a change! I was there a year ago last February and the only people drinking there were the local bar clientele. I hope the drinks have improved because they were nothing special. I was there when they were still caving the two new outdoor tikis.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2018-07-19 06:13 am   Permalink

Great job by Siesta Key rum - I'll see if I can find an email address to send them a note about how much I appreciate their willingness to support the ongoing improvements at the Bahi. The constant progress here is truly encouraging. I'm looking forward to visiting the Bahi again in the near future and enjoying all the changes. Many thanks to you, Robotiki, and the many others who have worked so hard to effect this transition.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-20 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-07-18 19:28, MaukaHale wrote:
Wow, what a change! I was there a year ago last February and the only people drinking there were the local bar clientele. I hope the drinks have improved because they were nothing special. I was there when they were still caving the two new outdoor tikis.

It is and always be a neighborhood bar as well as an iconic tiki bar. But that's a good thing. The drinks surely have improved, we have a very skilled mixologist consulting for us now and will be losing a lot of the cheap strong drinks in favor of better quality, if not a little more expensive, authentic tiki drinks. The first two new drinks have been met with great success. Whereas the jet fuel mai tai outsold all other drinks 10 to 1 previously, the new Bahi Aloha (known everywhere else as the Caribe Welcome) is about to overtake the mai tai in sales. The Cobra's Fang has fruit squeezed fresh daily and they both have Siesta Key Rum as the base. Yummy stuff, come back and check it out.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-03 09:49 am   Permalink

Great article in this month's Sarasota Scene:

http://www.scenesarasota.com/magazine/eat-drink-slice-paradise/

some of the details he mixed up a little but overall a pretty good article.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2018-08-03 09:50 ]

View Profile of robotiki Send a personal message to robotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-05 10:52 am   Permalink

What a great story!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-06 10:08 am   Permalink

I'm so glad to hear that smoking is now prohibited. With an asthmatic wife, that's my #1 concern when looking into Tiki bars in the US. If we're ever back down that way (we honeymooned in Walt Disney World, so it's ripe for a milestone anniversary at some point), I know we can actually go without having to worry about it.

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-04 05:57 am   Permalink

New carpet at the Hut this week. Finally the remnants of the smoking smell is completely gone. Next up is the chair restoration.

Robotiki
Mira Mar League

robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 12:05 pm   Permalink

We got some new entertainment at the Hut this week. (Sorry non FB users if the link does not work)

https://www.facebook.com/wbdillard/videos/10217997017065775/?hc_ref=ARSRCDdvXNFYlw-OXWwxr9T-Gx6VsVP5WSTTzjbQj-eETp6ZHZ2KubYKBgHaI4YIcjc&__xts__[0]=68.ARDy8zPpl4fJLoYLd6BGanDCFa5ZfNG4bb2sStGPYcxjNodaZe9FqNdIGvfDlkEeHVKiaEAYdI7Kk_9982H6lfM326Vgl-PzX6v6826QhNU3o-qXXdW1uBnlu672ahN0kuYHqsE7CFgzjnu8ZIZGiqdTo8AdSir_fvQBt7EfuXjxc_Stus0t1SdNrOmJnME4oOiyedruMKaJXavVG8ZT277wRfMV6_GpPPy8fg6zV1li4hwiyyN9KS1xESR9RiivNHMowPCX6doYOQZ8XRfiuiby30wH15XZeFdCh8Vq-AefHa8WpnsmboPSdhSzV3aVftK-hhazIKDfMCCblmhRDeqHyAJJnIewCFk&__tn__=FC-R

Robotiki
Mira Mar League

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 16 days ago; 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-11-26 12:05, robotiki wrote:
We got some new entertainment at the Hut this week. (Sorry non FB users if the link does not work)

I don't think that fez is authentically tiki.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 8:21 pm   Permalink

That's pretty funny - Just please don't make it into a mug, there are enough of those Star Wars mugs out there already!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 15 days ago; 8:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-11-27 20:21, bigbrotiki wrote:
That's pretty funny - Just please don't make it into a mug, there are enough of those Star Wars mugs out there already!

At least Robbie's arguably MCM!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-11-27 20:21, bigbrotiki wrote:

I can assure you that it won't ever be a mug. And I am with you on the whole pop culture mug thing.

Do look for more tiki mugs from the Hut, all based on tiki styles that existed when the Hut was born in 1954 (i.e. no chicklet toothed Florida styles EVAH!).

Robotiki
Mira Mar League

[ This Message was edited by: robotiki 2018-12-07 11:48 ]

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 6:24 pm   Permalink

After he was done tending bar, did he synthesize a couple-thousand pints of genuine Ancient Rocket Bourbon?

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 06:56 am   Permalink

This effort is encouraging to see. We'll certainly be by at some point. Keep it up, I can see lot's of potential room for more detail.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf  Email W8N2Surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation