[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Paper vs Plastic
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Paper vs Plastic
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-15 5:31 pm   Permalink

Thank you, I did a lot of searches and never saw those, so maybe I made a mistake and only saw the lower priced and skinnier ones. Dang... See what trouble I get into when I stay sober? Cheers!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-15 9:20 pm   Permalink

Duke’s in Huntington Beach, California served my wife a Mojito with a paper straw that had the feel of medium cardboard. The Mojito outlasted the straw. The bamboo looking paper straws that we use at home are good for one drink.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 19 days ago; 7:34 pm   Permalink

Last week's Imbibe post RIP, Plastic Drinking Straw still makes me wonder if news of the plastic straw's death has been greatly exaggerated.

I was just looking at The Essential Bartender's Guide by Robert Hess and saw this in the section explaining cobblers:

So looks like we're going back to the future with hay straws.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 19 days ago; 7:44 pm   Permalink

Oh, and I rediscovered an old thread that Sven started about straw diameters, which made me wonder how the original (and now, revived) rye/hay straws' diameters compared to that of current narrow cocktail straws/stirrers (which are my preference). Luckily, it looks like Chip and Andy addressed it already, too.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation