FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars A Tiki Outpost in New Hampshire
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
A Tiki Outpost in New Hampshire
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-21 5:45 pm   Permalink

Looks great! That window is FABULOUS!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki  Email LoriLovesTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-21 8:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha Brad, great job man!!
Looks real good. Lots of layers and nice decor. Keep the pics coming.
Thanks for sharing.

TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-23 8:14 pm   Permalink

A goal of mine is to make the bar as immersive as possible and hide the fact that it's located in the basement. As this picture shows, we have a plain metal door to the garage. The plan is to cover parts of it with tapa cloth.

After being painted and awaiting a new look.

View Profile of KonaBrad Send a personal message to KonaBrad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-24 06:16 am   Permalink

I like what you've done and I'm really impressed with your fake window.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-24 7:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks MaukaHale! Glad you like the window.

Here's where I hung some cloth behind a beaded curtain to hide the back of the basement. I'm going to place a light in that corner soon.

And here's more pics from around my secret outpost:

View Profile of KonaBrad Send a personal message to KonaBrad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-24 8:24 pm   Permalink

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-25 11:40 am   Permalink

I love it! Great work!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravandTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-25 6:02 pm   Permalink

From a fellow Polynesian hotel and tiki fan, and New Englander (Maine)...GREAT JOB! Like everyone else, I love that window! But so many nice features...

View Profile of TravandTiki Send a personal message to TravandTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-25 7:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys and nice to see more fellow New Englanders on here. I don't enjoy the winters anymore and there's nothing like a tiki escape when a blizzard is going on just outside. Hopefully someday I'll live in a warmer climate for the winter, but the bar helps out a lot.

The Polynesian is such a great place with many great memories. I'm happy with all of the recent renovations too. I'll miss the old waterfall, but I do find myself hanging out in the lobby more late night while enjoying some drinks.

KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-07-26 9:00 pm   Permalink

A few more pics enjoy

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-27 7:47 pm   Permalink

Outstanding
Great job
Love the bamboo window

Cheers

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-06 8:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much!

Here's a few more recent updates from this week. Got a new light and a moai.

KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-18 6:45 pm   Permalink

Made some more progress on the entrance. I might make more improvements to the door in the future, but this will do for now. The most recent project is the creation of a bamboo shade for the light bulb above the door.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-19 12:52 pm   Permalink

Very nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaBrad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-09-10 4:08 pm   Permalink

Greetings everyone,

Well more progress has been made as I created my very first light shade that hangs at the entrance to the bar. I decided to add bamboo to the ceiling surrounding the light so that's the latest project. I'll post more updates soon!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation