[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Ocea Otica and www.junkhaulerarts.com
Ocea Otica and www.junkhaulerarts.com
OceaOtica
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-07-20 7:06 pm   Permalink

Hello fine folks!
I recently had a manic episode and in that period of time publicly said Ocea Otica is finished and I am quitting the craft I love and also shut down my website and Instagram. Its only the third time in my life that I have had a manic episode. I have depression and anxiety which i have to live with, but have a great psychiatrist who has done a wonderful job managing my health. That said it is difficult for me being social, and I dread social situations with new people.
I hope this explains the sudden drop out.
I am still having to sell off my mug collection due to finances related to other health issues and will continue to post ebay auctions.
I say all this just to clear up that i will continue with Ocea Otica and also I try to be vocal about mental health issues because of the general lack of understanding and to always reach out to those who also deal with mental health issues.
Cheers, my apologies, and thank you for understanding

www.junkhaulerarts.com

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-21 03:16 am   Permalink

Thank you for sharing what you're going through.

The mugs and the mug crafting will be around when you're ready to go back to it.

I'm just glad to hear that you are doing better and have some people you can depend on.

Miss seeing you around Southern California, but your name gets mentioned often.

We're all rooting for you!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica

Posted: 2018-07-21 06:47 am   Permalink

Hey Tom, Thank you! my social awkwardness often led to me getting pretty blasted at events or the bars. Though I enjoyed our chats. Hope all is well with you and hey, did you ever work on making swag chunk lamps?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-21 10:47 am   Permalink

Thanks for sharing, love your work and glad you are back to making mugs and posting on TC.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-07-21 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-07-21 06:47, OceaOtica wrote:
Hope all is well with you and hey, did you ever work on making swag chunk lamps?

I'm doing pretty well.

I never did do the swag lamp project, but finally went to work with Kelly Reilly and we have a cocktail book in the works to come out around Christmas or maybe just after Christmas depending on the printer's timetable.

Lots of recipes in there from our Rumpus Room days.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica

Posted: 2018-07-23 07:54 am   Permalink

Hiltiki, kind of you to say, thank you!
Tom, thats awesome, had no idea. I look forward to seeing what you cook up and find joy in the fact you took those times and utilized them into your art!

www.junkhaulerarts.com

TravelingJones

Posted: 2018-07-24 4:09 pm   Permalink

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation