[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Sunset Fogcutter
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Sunset Fogcutter
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-19 5:28 pm   Permalink

Still needs shelves, ceiling trim, and lighting/lots of crap hanging from the ceiling. Oh, and booze. But otherwise it's starting to be presentable, and the walls will continue to be cluttered up. Shout out to my Art Swap peeps from years past - see if you can spot your contributions to the clutter. This is in an 8x12 (96 sq ft) outbuilding in our back yard.

[ This Message was edited by: Joshua Bell 2018-10-11 15:09 ]

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-08-20 07:54 am   Permalink

Love it! Lots of character in such a small space. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Jeff

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-20 09:55 am   Permalink

Looks great Josh! Good to see Swap pieces going to good use

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FranNL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-21 12:26 am   Permalink

Amazing how much stuff and character you can fit in a small space! Great job. Mahalo for sharing.

View Profile of FranNL Send a personal message to FranNL  Goto the website of FranNL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-21 9:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-08-19 17:28, Joshua Bell wrote:
Still needs shelves, ceiling trim, and lighting/lots of crap hanging from the ceiling. Oh, and booze.

Josh, You gots your priorities all wrong. Should read Booze Shelves, Etc.
Looking really good -keep posting your progress.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-27 10:47 pm   Permalink

Some construction/work-in-progress photos.

Platform for the shed. This was at the end of May.

With common household items for scale. The empty burlap coffee sacks hanging on the right are to keep the inhabitants of our beehives away during construction.

Shed mostly finished - it was prefab, assembled on site.

This is the "West Elm" look. The sign is a street find by my teenager. Not permanent. Middle of June.

Paint! Lauhala matting! Fourthajuly long weekend.

Speaking of burlap... the wall coverings were a a happy accident. I ordered a textured jute wallpaper but the wrong color arrived. But it had the right catalog number, so I couldn't just re-order - the system had it wrong. I tried another retailer and my request for a sample went into the void. So I ordered some burlap instead. It's awesome. If you hang something with a nail and need to move it, the nail hole just vanishes. The fire retardant took forever to dry, though.

My wife sewed curtains for the upper window lights, faux tapa cloth c/o Spoonflower. The window and door trim is 2" bamboo slats from a local landscaping store. The ceiling is reed fencing. As noted upthread, there's trim coming for the perimeter and down the gap.

And then a photo from tonight, with a little accent lighting tossed in.

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-08-28 09:15 am   Permalink

Thank you for posting the work-in-progress pictures. I love the result. The burlap looks great.

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-08-30 2:37 pm   Permalink

Very nice! I, too, love the progress photos. It's always nice (and super-helpful!) to see the effort that goes into these tiki bar builds.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-02 10:43 pm   Permalink

Made a lamp

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-03 08:37 am   Permalink

I like it Joshua. I especially like the burlap idea, how did you mount it? Did you varnish over it? Burlap is fairly economical especially if you get it at Joann's with a 40% off coupon

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-03 5:36 pm   Permalink

The burlap is just stapled around the perimeter, using a sizable staple gun. I ordered a large enough roll to cover even the 11'x5' wall without a seam. I sprayed it with fire retardant, but otherwise it is untreated.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-03 9:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Josh

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-05 10:38 am   Permalink

That light looks very nice. Sets the mood!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-06 08:21 am   Permalink

Very cozy and inviting.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-11 3:12 pm   Permalink

A pufferfish has joined the party!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation