[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Comrade’s Grotto
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Comrade’s Grotto
gitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-09-03 3:53 pm   Permalink

That’s a beautiful space. Well balanced elements and superb lighting. Very inviting; I would love to drink a tall cool one in there!
Very well done!

View Profile of gitiki Send a personal message to gitiki  Email gitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-03 8:25 pm   Permalink

Very nice and inviting.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HodagHut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-09-04 6:36 pm   Permalink

Love your lighting, would love to replicate it in the Hut

View Profile of HodagHut Send a personal message to HodagHut  Email HodagHut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparc

Posted: 2018-09-04 10:29 pm   Permalink

I am going to work up a post to describe all the lighting. Thanks for the feedback. We went through a couple of rounds of lighting tests before we settled on what got photographed.

View Profile of sparc Send a personal message to sparc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Adam Aku Aku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-09-07 05:50 am   Permalink

I love the way you used all the textures of matting and bamboo as your source and refrained from making your space a display of tiki collectibles. Very classy take on a usually very nerdy project. One of the best!

View Profile of Adam Aku Aku Send a personal message to Adam Aku Aku  Email Adam Aku Aku     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparc

Posted: 2018-09-09 8:51 pm   Permalink

Adam Aku Aku, thank you. It's a fine line between too little and too much, glad to hear you feel a balance has been struck. I also promised some information on lighting. I have no electrical abilities so everything is either battery operated or plugged in to strategically placed power strips. Type A is an LED tea light glued into the upper inside of each shipping crate for a sparkle of light on tiki mugs and rums. Type B is a set of Christmas lights my son was given at a tiki marketplace event at Don's. Clear glass, small bulbs with bamboo screens around them. Type C and E are the same but are different colors. Both are from Target and are Christmas lighting for your lawn that flicker and create a pattern of colors. The light moves inside the fixture and the light projects through a prism and that creates the movement. The one in the globe is blue and the other one is hidden behind the bar and is green and red.Type D are LED remote controlled candles. We have about 6 in the bar placed wherever we wanted more light than the tea light can provide and we want to see the light source.

Hope this helps.

View Profile of sparc Send a personal message to sparc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-25 1:15 pm   Permalink

Fantastic detail. Say, what kind of room was this, or is it outside your main home?

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf  Email W8N2Surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparc

Posted: 2018-10-25 2:45 pm   Permalink

This is in the corner of our garage. Total bar size is 9’ x 7’

Sandbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-25 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-25 14:45, sparc wrote:
This is in the corner of our garage. Total bar size is 9’ x 7’

Wow! Fantastic work in such a limited space. You've got a great vibe going on there.

View Profile of Sandbartender Send a personal message to Sandbartender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-10-30 7:48 pm   Permalink

Congrats; I see you were recently featured on Tiki with Ray:

http://www.tikiwithray.com/home-tiki-bar-spotlight-46-comrades-grotto-long-beach-ca/

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparc

Posted: 2018-10-30 7:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah. I was lucky to get a feature. One goal unlocked for the bar. Another coming soon (fingers crossed) which I will post when it is official. Also have an Instagram feed where I post consistently. @swparchitect

honuboy311

Posted: 2018-11-02 09:29 am   Permalink

Killer, just killer!!!

View Profile of honuboy311 Send a personal message to honuboy311      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation