Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Weird Compilations
Weird Compilations
Scott McGerik
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-09-12 6:48 pm   Permalink

I was digging through my digital music collection fixing various issues when I came across a compilation I hadn't listened to for a long time, "Two Zombies Later : Strange and Unusual Music from the Exotica Mailing List". I apparently bought the album from http://www.comfortstand.com/ a long time ago. The mp3 files suggest I downloaded the album in 2007.

After listening to the album, I wondered, "Are there similar albums/compilations?"

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-12 7:32 pm   Permalink

There is Two Zombies Later - Volume Two.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else would fit into this particular category. I like Dana Countryman's contribution on Vol. 2, and there are a few other gems.

Hope this helps.

Martiki-bird aka Gina of the Jungle

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-09-13 1:46 pm   Permalink

If you go on my old blog Music For Maniacs, the zippyshare links are still good for the comps "Totally Nude Exotica" and "Savage Exotica".

"Beyond The Sea" has some great stuff, still available via the Fat City Cigar Lounge blog.

[ This Message was edited by: MrFab 2018-09-13 16:02 ]

View Profile of MrFab Send a personal message to MrFab  Email MrFab Goto the website of MrFab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik

Posted: 2018-09-16 6:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-09-13 13:46, MrFab wrote:
If you go on my old blog Music For Maniacs, the zippyshare links are still good for the comps "Totally Nude Exotica" and "Savage Exotica".

"Beyond The Sea" has some great stuff, still available via the Fat City Cigar Lounge blog.

Awesome! Thank you. My wife and I are listening to "Totally Nude Exotica" right now and liking it!

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik  Goto the website of Scott McGerik     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik

Posted: 2018-09-16 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-09-12 19:32, Martiki-bird wrote:
There is Two Zombies Later - Volume Two.

I got all hot and bothered when I read your post that there was a second volume! Then I found the track list and looked closer at what I had. I soon realized I had volumes one and two! I honestly don't know when I bought either one.

Scott McGerik

Posted: 2018-09-16 6:33 pm   Permalink

I recently found The Lavender Jungle, which I see that MrFab reviewed in 2010! I evidently am late to the game!

The first track, Gesunheit, cracks me up!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation