FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events International Tiki Day ~ NW!!
International Tiki Day ~ NW!!
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-26 8:08 pm   Permalink

Well, I guess I'm a little late to report in, but I finally crawled out of the dark depths of my now finished TIKI ROOM and can once again roam amongst the Tiki Centralites!

The party was fun, but small. I actually tried not to invite anyone in case I didn't get the room done in time but somehow nine of us gathered on the evening of August 9th for the first ever HUTIKIHI.

I designed a logo for the event which I used on various things from a CD to a guest book/journal for all Tiki Room guests to sign from now until eternity. After the party I designed artwork for a CD using photos and burned a copy for each guest and mailed it to them.

I also started designing a drink menu which had a tiki mug or glass designated for each party guest and a name that went with it (personalized specifically for each guest), but had too much work in just finishing the room to be able to complete it.

However, HUTIKIHI II in 2004 (if there is one) will be bigger and better and I'm working on a sound system for the room right now!

One thing that everyone remembers about that night is the REAL howling wolf at the end when the party was dispersing. A nice touch to an almost full moon tiki night... Thanks for the long read--thought I'd share my first-ever International Tiki Day experience with everyone. ~ Sandra

p.s. if anyone wants to see the CD, I'll upload the art.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation