FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Loma Kai Sailing Club and Grotto! UPD:1/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The Loma Kai Sailing Club and Grotto! UPD:1/14
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-12-17 11:35 pm   Permalink

Pulling the boards together and getting some finish on them. The plan is to alternate a carved board with a plain board to make up the siding on the primarily visible side of the building, including the sliding side door that will open up the bar to the deck/hot tub.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf  Email W8N2Surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sandbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 30 days ago; 04:28 am   Permalink

Man, those are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see them finished and installed.

View Profile of Sandbartender Send a personal message to Sandbartender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coldwarspacemonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 30 days ago; 2:07 pm   Permalink

Beautiful! This just keeps getting better!

View Profile of coldwarspacemonkey Send a personal message to coldwarspacemonkey  Email coldwarspacemonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:01 pm   Permalink

Preparing the plain boards, and we are close to assembly of the side and sliding door.

[ This Message was edited by: W8N2Surf 2018-12-19 12:02 ]

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf  Email W8N2Surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:05 pm   Permalink

mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 2:03 pm   Permalink

Absolutely amazing!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 3:22 pm   Permalink

Words cannot express how much admiration I have for this build. No corners have been cut in the construction of this tiki bar!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 1:40 pm   Permalink

Merry Christmas from the Loma Kai! Y'all are the best! The Tiki Central Ohana provide all the encouragement we need, More progress soon!

W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 10:54 am   Permalink

Working on base materials for the large sliding door. This is nautical hardware we are aging with good 'ol salt and vinegar to achieve some patina.

W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 11:01 am   Permalink

And the Tiki Guardian Spirit Dogs would like to wish you a Happy New Year, here with their favorite compadre at you-know-you-know-where. Happy New Year TC Ohana!

It must be Mai-Tai time because there is slobber.

Donovan
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 15 days ago; 04:58 am   Permalink

You're working pure magic with that router! I hope mine come out half that good when I get to that stage. So far I haven't seen any part of this build that isn't a home run.

View Profile of Donovan Send a personal message to Donovan  Email Donovan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Donovan
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 15 days ago; 04:58 am   Permalink

You're working pure magic with that router! I hope mine come out half that good when I get to that stage. So far I haven't seen any part of this build that isn't a home run.

View Profile of Donovan Send a personal message to Donovan  Email Donovan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Commodore
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 15 days ago; 09:07 am   Permalink

Thanks Donavan! There certainly are some router mistakes in there, but its imperfectly perfect as they say... Key for me was making sure I got the vacuum set up effectively which was not easy... and then being patient and going slow... hard to router the design with all those shavings flying around - a bit like driving in a snowstorm - good luck!

View Profile of Commodore Send a personal message to Commodore      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 9:14 pm   Permalink

Let's get a holiday themed update in real quick. Not only can Commodore router a board or two, bend some beams and slap a roof up, he also hand makes pretty awesome Christmas gifts. Check out this Traveling Mai Tai Bar, which includes everything you need to make a Mai Tai including limes all in a form fitted case. He gave this to one of our brothers. Sweet!

W8N2Surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 9:18 pm   Permalink

Getting back on track now, here is where we're at.

For fun, we threw some boards up just to get an idea.

We'll be building a sliding door as part of this wall.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation