FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Baja Cantina luau this Saturday!
Baja Cantina luau this Saturday!
spongecookie

Posted: 2003-08-27 12:56 pm   Permalink

come on down to the Baja Cantina in Marina Del Rey (311 Washington Blvd.) for the annual (i forget how many annuals it's been) BC luau. starts at noon and the music, provided by DOUBLE NAUGHT SPY CAR with a possible King Kukulele sighting (he's been invited anyway) starting at 3 PM. i will be setting up a table to sell trinkets from Maui and CDs....prolly around 1 PM.

View Profile of spongecookie Send a personal message to spongecookie  Email spongecookie Goto the website of spongecookie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

To all you who like King Kuke's Friki Tikis, Paul Lacques (Professor Poopooly, lap steel) and Mark Doten (Malahini Mark, upright bass) are also in Double Naught Spy Car. There are some reviews here and I really like the interview from LA Weekly at the bottom: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dnspycar1

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-08-27 15:01 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2003-08-28 11:27 am   Permalink

Crap!!!!I would love to go to this but again will be out of town. Love the instros of Double Naught Spy Car! Wondered what happened to them after 1998s "Comb In Blue Water" cd. Favorite song: Arrangement With A Dung Beetle. Thanks for the update Floratina, I will have to get their latest. Paul plays a great non-traditional style steel guitar.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spongecookie

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:22 pm   Permalink

also, i neglected to mention there WILL be a costume contest (with prizes) and i KNOW how good you guys are at conjuring those up. the actual luau begins around noon but the music doesn't start till 3.

View Profile of spongecookie Send a personal message to spongecookie  Email spongecookie Goto the website of spongecookie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation