[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 9/13: Black Orchid in Tampa, FL
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
9/13: Black Orchid in Tampa, FL
KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-27 3:05 pm   Permalink

View Profile of KahunaMilu Send a personal message to KahunaMilu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-27 4:23 pm   Permalink

The Liar's Club
http://www.liarsclubtampa.com

View Profile of KahunaMilu Send a personal message to KahunaMilu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like a good time. Will try to make it if I'm back in Florida that weekend. Any other Florida TCers interested?

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-28 12:49 pm   Permalink

Well, I'll certainly be there!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 08:04 am   Permalink

Mark,

Are you still gonna meet us in Ft. Lauderdale? We'll be arriving on the 12th and leaving the 14th! Email me and let us know! This sounds great too!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-29 08:04, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Mark,

Are you still gonna meet us in Ft. Lauderdale? We'll be arriving on the 12th and leaving the 14th! Email me and let us know! This sounds great too!

Alas, no, I won't be able to make it. I've got the 13th show at the Liars Club plus another show with my other band on the 12th, both in Tampa.

Darn - I was hoping you were coming down on the 26th/27th as I'm gonna be playing in Miami and Delray Beach that weekend with the Mai Kai right smack dab between the two. Oh, well - I'll have to down those Barrels O' Rum all by my lonesome ...

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-04 06:55 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, I'm planning to go to NC next weekend Maybe next time!

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-05 09:19 am   Permalink

Well, looks like next time will be a blast ...

Anybody know of any venues in Orlando that would be suitable for a tiki/lounge event with live music?

The Sapphire Supper Cloub would be nice but they're kinda difficult to get ahold of/deal with.

KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-06 10:11 pm   Permalink

One week!

Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-10 06:05 am   Permalink

The Sapphire is now The Social and, in my opinion, isn't as nice.

Will's Pub on Mills was always a fun music venue, but I haven't been in 6 months or so.

I've never seen a band at Echo Chamber on Orange Ave, but they have a kick ass lounge atmosphere so you may want to give them a try too.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-10 2:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah, with all the Varga prints on the wall, WIll's would be the place, methinks ...

KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-12 06:23 am   Permalink

TOMORROW!

KahunaMilu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-14 10:20 am   Permalink

Thanks to Tweedtone and his great band, The Vodkanauts, for putting on a great show. Please book them for Hukilau 2004.

Thanks to Kailuageoff and his wife for coming out, especially from the far side of Orlando. I hope that your experience was worth the trip.

Tweedtone also told me that another Tiki Centralite was there as well. I am sorry that I missed meeting you, and hope that you had a good time, also.

Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-14 10:45 pm   Permalink

'Twas I on the other end of the bar with the "flaming tiki" shirt and semi-grim look.

The band rocked, even if they don't know any Johnny Cash.

psss...."Ring of Fire" is a C, F & G and would make a hell of an instrumental besides reducing the chances of getting your asses kicked. LOL

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-15 08:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-14 22:45, Hot Lava wrote:
'Twas I on the other end of the bar with the "flaming tiki" shirt and semi-grim look.

The band rocked, even if they don't know any Johnny Cash.

psss...."Ring of Fire" is a C, F & G and would make a hell of an instrumental besides reducing the chances of getting your asses kicked. LOL

Out of boundless repect for The Man, I judged that rather than chancing a trainwreck at the end of a really long night, we'd politely decline the request.

Thanks for coming out!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation