FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » eBay: Vintage Mid-Century Modernist 1950s Carved Red Cedar Wooden Tiki God Figure
eBay: Vintage Mid-Century Modernist 1950s Carved Red Cedar Wooden Tiki God Figure
Eddy Brazil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-12-16 3:56 pm   Permalink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233082435794

[ This Message was edited by: Eddy Brazil 2019-01-05 16:09 ]

View Profile of Eddy Brazil Send a personal message to Eddy Brazil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sandbartender
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-12-17 06:48 am   Permalink

It's an intriguing piece.
I don't know that I'd keep it in the bar, but I wouldn't mind seeing it on the mantle over the fireplace as a piece of MCM art.
“The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the effect of which is like having your brains smashed out with a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.”

View Profile of Sandbartender Send a personal message to Sandbartender      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-12-17 08:02 am   Permalink

I'd seen a reprint of an article from a old home improvement/handyman type magazine from the '50s or '60s somewhere online that had instructions on carving that. If I remember right, it's carved from a piece of 4x4. Dunno where the article is now.

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-12-20 05:35 am   Permalink

I have two sizes of this guy. A two foot tall and a nine inch tall. I think they fit the bar well as a version of vintage tiki style. They are versions of the plans printed in Popular Mechanics magazine.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation