FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-28 4:49 pm   Permalink

The DISNEYLANDÒ Resort
is pleased to announce the
“One Enchanted Evening”
Serigraph Release
featuring
Artist
Josh Agle
Saturday, September 20, 2003
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Disneyana Shop, Main Street, U.S.A.
DISNEYLANDÒ park

Created in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room, comes the memorable serigraph, “One Enchanted Evening.” This enchanting serigraph created by Artist, Shag features Guests enjoying the crazy antics of their attraction hosts…which is surely for the birds.
Serigraph comes complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Artist, Josh Agle will be on hand for a special appearance & signing during the event.

The “One Enchanted Evening” serigraph is limited to an edition size of 300
and will be offered for $350, plus tax.
(Limit two (2) serigraphs per Guest. Size: 22 ¾” x 28 ½”)

For more information, please call DisneylandÒ DelivEARS at 800.362.4533.
DisneylandÒ DelivEARS will take a "wish list" Monday, September 8 - 19, 2003 for "One Enchanted Evening" serigraphs remaining after the event. “Wish list” merchandise is not guaranteed.

We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. We ask that only two (2) items be signed per Guest.
Event information subject to change without notice.
Separate admission is required to enter DisneylandÒ Resort theme parks.

Additional items by Shag will be available on the day of the event including a handbag, shirt & Tiki Farm mugs.

The following Tiki Farm mugs will be available as part of the event:

Tiki Pole Mug
Edition size: 500
$32.95

Tiki Mai Tai Mug
Edition Size: 500

Ó Disney

www.tikifarm.com

(there will also be a limited edition $15 Shag pendant as well - Holden)

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2003-08-28 16:51 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 12:44 am   Permalink

What about Kevin Kidney's Tikiroom mug?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitucson
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-08-29 10:47 am   Permalink

When I spoke to DelivEARS about the event they said it had been moved to "Off the Page" over at the California Aventure, probably for space reasons. Is there any truth to this or is it just another miscommunication on their side?

[ This Message was edited by: tikitucson on 2003-08-29 10:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitucson on 2003-08-29 10:49 ]

View Profile of tikitucson Send a personal message to tikitucson      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 1:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Holden.

Is the Tiki Pole mug THE Kevin Kidney mug?

If so, is there going to be an open edition of the tiki pole mug or will there be only 500 total like it to ever exist?

I've seen the one Kevin is working on with you and it's awesome!! I guess I'd like to know if I have to grab one of these 500 tiki pole mugs mentioned above, amd will I miss out completely if I don't?

mahalo for the info...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 2:22 pm   Permalink

Kevin's mug has been promised by Disney to debut after the forthcoming event and should hopefully be an ongoing mug for sale at Disneyland! It will take a good solid 4-6 weeks after Disney gives us the purchase order to produce the mug & deliver. I'm pushing to try to get the order now so that we can get working on the production, but I don't foresee Disney ordering it until late September so it should be available at Disneyland in time for the holidays!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 2:28 pm   Permalink

Here are some developmental photos of the Shag Disney pieces. The first 2 photos are of the original wax sculpts before they were further wood-grained and fine-tuned.

"The Enchanted Tiki Goblet" Sculpt

"The Enchanted Tiki Pole Mug" Sculpt

and here it is glazed and ready to go (the interior is sunkist yellow)...

www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2003-09-12 13:22 ]

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 2:46 pm   Permalink

WOW- those are very cool! Thanks for the info and the photos.

I can't make it down to DL until October, so I'll have to call delivears and see if I can get one of the tiki pole mugs through them...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-29 9:28 pm   Permalink

Those are great.
How many ounces does the Goblet hold?
That would make a great Scorpion bowl.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-31 5:50 pm   Permalink

The goblet's pretty small - close to a large martini capacity - around 8 to 10 oz. or so with some of the capacity being in the thick stem.

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 11:55 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 11:04 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 2:46 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman, Don't you wish you got the Deluxe 2 Park Pass now? <grin>

I think you can upgrade your SoCal pass to a Deluxe pass @ the Plaza Pavilion. So you could go in the evening during the week, upgrade, and get in without having to wait to pay $25 on the 20th. You might want to contact'em through the disneyland.com "contact us" page.

I'm trying to convince my wife that I need an Enchanted Tiki Room mug for my birthday, so you might see me in line: look for a big guy with a pony tail & handlebar moustache.

As always when I'm making any plans my Gran'daughter takes precedence, even over Tikis, so just pencil me in.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 2:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 11:04 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 5:57 pm   Permalink

I'm definately going to be there early. Does anyone know if the gallery is selling the items when the park opens or when Shag is there at 10:00?? If anyone needs a ride from Long Beach just holler.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-02 9:57 pm   Permalink

In a word...damn! They look great! Sucks that I'll never get one!

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2003-09-02 21:57 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kha_o
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-03 07:19 am   Permalink

Long time lurker - first time poster...

My 7-year-old son will be dragged away from 2nd grade for a week so Mom + Dad can fly from Japan to SoCal and take part in the Tiki. We're Americans living/working in Northern Japan - we were already planning to visit 'The Tiki Tiki Room,' but the festivities make it all the better!

The gates open at 8:00 AM. Be on the look out for two very culture shocked adults - we've lived overseas since 1997 with only a few visits to the US, so the shock of seeing rude Americans and below-ground sewers will amaze us.

We plan on sporting aloha shirts and i'll be wearing a Mini (the car) hat on my bald(ing) head. The easiest thing to notice will probably be our son, Jamie, who sings the 'Tiki Room' song (and makes up his own lyrics).

bill

View Profile of kha_o Send a personal message to kha_o      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation