FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Tiki Room Fan

Posted: 2003-09-26 3:49 pm   Permalink

I was glad to see that HumuHumu did get to shop in time to make that plane.

As of last night (Thursday), the following was in the Disneyana Shop:
Nine shirts (7s, 2m);
Many, many Tiki Charms;
Puzzles;
Mouse Pads;
Note Cards.

They told me that there were purses on back order. They also expect to get more mugs. I didn't ask about the mini-prints. They also said that waht was out was THE END of the shirts.

View Profile of Tiki Room Fan Send a personal message to Tiki Room Fan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui_Matt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-27 12:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

Oh, and what was up with that crazy 23-year old chick clutching the Stitch doll? Quite a few wack jobs in the crowd that day, besides me.

[ This Message was edited by: Hot Lava on 2003-09-25 07:53 ]

Her?
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mattorkin/stitch.jpg

View Profile of Maui_Matt Send a personal message to Maui_Matt  Email Maui_Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui_Matt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-27 12:25 am   Permalink

I took a picture of the first Tiki Room print Disney released a few years back. This is print of some original concept art for the Tiki Room. It was going to be a restaurant originally, then changed into a show concept.

Enjoy

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mattorkin/tiki_print.jpg

View Profile of Maui_Matt Send a personal message to Maui_Matt  Email Maui_Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:
Her? http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mattorkin/stitch.jpg

BBCode Quote End -->

Oh yeah! She came over and started talking to someone near our group early in the morning. At first the doll thing was kind of a turn on. Then, after listening to her for awhile, it became clear that something was not quite right. No offense if any of you are friends of her's, she's nice, but sweetheart, take your meds.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 08:04 am   Permalink

Once we were in line, we realized we were stuck in front of this annoying chick talking about quiting her job at Disneyland because she didn't want to "lose the magic." My husband and I looked at eachother and were so annoyed because we had been talking to very nice, normal people outside the gate. Well, soon her friends turned on her and started talking to us. We ended up talking to the chick clutching the stitch doll. She seemed nice enough but as an adult you don't leave the house in the morning clutching a stitch doll. If you notice in the picture a person with Mickey ears - that was me. So yes, as a word of advice, never leave the house clutching a stuffed animal!!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maui_Matt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-27 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-27 08:04, SallyandJay wrote:
Once we were in line, we realized we were stuck in front of this annoying chick talking about quiting her job at Disneyland because she didn't want to "lose the magic." My husband and I looked at eachother and were so annoyed because we had been talking to very nice, normal people outside the gate. Well, soon her friends turned on her and started talking to us. We ended up talking to the chick clutching the stitch doll. She seemed nice enough but as an adult you don't leave the house in the morning clutching a stitch doll. If you notice in the picture a person with Mickey ears - that was me. So yes, as a word of advice, never leave the house clutching a stuffed animal!!

Shame we weren't closer in line. The last thing I would have wanted was being close to a Disneyphile holding a Stitch doll.

Were you able to visit any other places in town that weekend?

hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 09:43 am   Permalink

Wow, you really need to get in touch with your inner child. I did'nt think that "normal" people actually existed.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 09:49 am   Permalink

ok sorry bout that. It was great seeing everyone again, Humahuma a pleasure as always. Bax,monkeyman, alnshelly , love you all, wish I could have made it to the hawaiian room. We were beat by the end of the night. POlypop, dude sorry I didnt get to talk with you my phone went on the blink, I never evan got in to get myself a mug. Anyways Bro we're still down for Hawaii.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-27 4:11 pm   Permalink

Oh, I'm down with doll clutching. That's not what's wrong with her. I guess you would have had to talk to her to see that something wasn't quite right.

I had a friend who had a bad, bad, chemical imbalance and ended up loosing it one night. He attempted to cut his wife's head off with a samauri sword in some kind of altered mental state. After he got Baker Act-ed and on medication of the correct dosage, he was back to his old self again.

I got the same vibe from Stitch-girl that my friend during his "wrong dosage" days. Kind of like the old Far Side cartoon, "Nature's Way of Saying Don't Touch."

My cornerstone of my philosophy is that everyone is crazy. The key to a successful relationship is to have compatible psychoses.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-29 10:08 am   Permalink

I RULE !!!

I received a phone message from Disneyland Saturday evening and just returned the call. It turns out I was FIRST on the waiting list for the Shag/TikiRoom print and they had either put aside 2 or 3 for the waiting list folk, or had a few remaining. I probably shouldn't jinx it by shooting my mouth off here, but they're shipping it right out. WAHOO!!! sweet justice for a huge Disney & tiki fan who lives too far away to compete with the local LA ebay people.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kha_o
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-30 05:19 am   Permalink

Congrats!
All the birds have friends,
And the monkeys too,
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room!"

(My son Jamie is a lyrical genius...)

View Profile of kha_o Send a personal message to kha_o      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-30 07:09 am   Permalink

Mrs. Lava was standing with Hot Lava when he was standing with the stich girl and she agrees with him. Something was a little off. Congrats to Feelin' Zombified for getting the print. I would call that a tiki room miracle.

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-30 8:40 pm   Permalink

A little off?...this from a bunch of people in hawaiian shirts, waiting in line since the wee hours of the morning to get in another line for several hours to buy tiki mugs and such. (I was there too and it was great!)

(Ooh, I'm a socialite now!)

[ This Message was edited by: spy-tiki on 2003-09-30 20:41 ]

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-01 11:18 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa 2008-06-25 20:09 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-01 12:00 pm   Permalink

Doug Marsh posts here as Tiki Room Fan. I thought he was very nice, and I enjoyed being able to see his memorabilia (after all, given the setting, it *was* of interest to people there). He created a post in Locating Tiki for The Alibi, so evidently he does get outside Disneyland. I thought he was very nice, and yes, quite odd. Odd is just hunky-dory in my book, and if I were to start judging who is "off" and who isn't, I'd have to look at myself first, and frankly, I wouldn't pass. I don't think a lot of folks here would, either, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you all were normal, I'd find you dreadfully dull.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation