FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events OC Mini Crawl was a total BALL!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
OC Mini Crawl was a total BALL!
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 09:26 am   Permalink

Is any body up yet? I even slept in?
I am so sorry I did not get to ride the wild bus, but we did follow right behind. Meeting everybody was the best part for me. Driving around a car load of drunks was kinda funny also?

What was your favorite part?
Chillin' with the King at Sam's
It's all good
PS. Mrs. Bamboo we missed you
:TIKI RINK :TIKI RINK
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 10:14 am   Permalink

......as soon as my eyes clear up I'll be able to talk..........
Mahlooooooooooooooooooooo's
to all!!!!!!!!
Bamboo Ben Laden.

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 5:21 pm   Permalink

Bax, it looked like you guys were whooping it up in that truck as much as we were on that bus! Sven had the idea to cut a singalong cd and that worked out incredibly well. Fortunately, Denny bin Kukulele was there and was AMAZING as usual. "I don't know how he does it..." I am kicking myself because I didn't bring my video camera with me to capture that, especially after his "Princess Poopooly" translation.

Traderpup put together a cd that had a mix of the wacky and the rare. I listened to that cd on my way home and that was an enchanted car ride. I have heard only 5 of the 28 selections/versions before. I will have a lot of fun learning all these new songs.

I want to thank Bong and Ben for putting this together:) Bong, thanks for risking your credit for us. To those who may plan crawls in the future, the bus is a great idea.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 7:49 pm   Permalink

Tina Tina Floratina So good to meet you last night, the CD you speak of sounds so cool I would love to pay for a copy. Can somebody tell me how to get one? You are also right about the truck ride, we had a tortilla chip fight then a water fight and we were trying to scream at people with the windows up to see if they could hear us. The bus still sounds better:)(if you could see the inside of my truck) Bong and Bamboo you guys totally ROCK (thank you) Bong what is your bar doing in the garage, quick get away?
C.AL make me stop talking that way.
And OOOOHHH my god was the Happy Birthday wedding song at Li's a totall crack up or what? Who slept over at Ben's?
Al and Shelly as usual a totall delight to see you. When you comin' over?

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-07-13 19:52 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-13 8:48 pm   Permalink

...........my right eye is still damaged. I'll post as soon as "it" clears up.
Mahaloooooooooo's
Bamboo Ben Laden.
p.s. Tina-Florentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That tape Rules!!!!!!!! [extra !s edited - HL] Mrs. Boo and I say, "you are the Queen!!!!!!!!!" Rm. 135 will never be topped. Amazing. Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you talk with KUKU about the movie he want's to make? I must sleep now. Many Mahaloooooos to the tribe.

712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-07-14 14:24 ]

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 12:21 pm   Permalink

Is everyone getting these new messages "wide screeen" so they have to be scrolled sideways to be read, or do I still have a hangover..?

What a tour! I can't believe my dumb luck to have caught the bus after being half an hour late! Upon turning the corner to Bamboo Ben's I see the driver walking around the bus closing the doors, I jump out of the car, as I approach the bus it starts driving off, I sprint after the driving bus.... reach it, thump on the back wall.... and it stops!
Bless Tiki!
It was quite a ride. King Kuku in his element, and thanks to Floratina for printing up most of the Singalong lyrics in a little booklet. I enjoyed meeting a lot of you, and sometime later this summer I plan to have a Tiki Central party at my Silverlake Tiki Island!
The rum flowed freely, supported by the rescue bottle of Myers that was gotten, since Li's (what a ceiling!) served bleach blond potions and Sam's was spotty. The Royal Hawaiian had killer kocktails as ever. It just proves again that the science of mixology is almost extinct. People don't know the difference, since they don't have any comparison....and they have to drive. We had THE BUS!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 12:55 pm   Permalink

what
the
hell
is
wrong?
I'm
getting
dizzy
trying
to
type
this
and
can't
read
the
previous
posts!
Are
we
infected?
Mahalo
B. Boo

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 12:57 pm   Permalink

Oooooops! Sorry Hanford and all. My excitement scewd it up! For those of you who did not see this happen, just forget about it. For those of you who did see this happen, sorry for the acid flash back or 3 day hangover.
Mahalo,
Bamboo Sven Laden

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-07-14 22:03 ]

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 1:17 pm   Permalink

What day is it? Just kidding since all of those around my wife and I know that we were just sharing our drinks and hitting the hard water on the rocks at Li's. I guess our water had the same amount of alchohol as the "same color" drink selection. I think they just have that stuff on tap. Bamboo Ben, I thank you for sharing your shop with us. Trader Pup, thanks for the cd. I'll carve to it today. Yo C'Al! hope you found your missing nuts.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 1:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha all!

Still recovering from our Friday night's revelry!

The OC Pub Crawl was an incredible ride! Loved the lapu lapu's at the Royal Hawaiian, the GIANT egg rolls and scorpion bowl at Li's, and of course, the tiki bar at Sam's was the perfect night cap!

It was great to see you all again and meet new people like Bong and his crew, and the Baxdog and his wife! Many mahalos for a great time -- especially Bong for his mystical organizational skills; Bamboo "Ben Ladin" for sharing his tiki hut and the amazing medalions; Floratina for the video and songbook, TraderPup for the seductive soundtrack, and of course, The King for his usual hi jinx! Tina and I had a great time hangin' with you all, and we hope to see some of you at Kozmo's for the Ape show!

Cheers,

Trixie and Uncle Arty (T and A)

P.S. Great last second "dive in" the bus by Sven! That was hilarious!!! Glad you made it, Bro!

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-07-14 2:26 pm   Permalink

What happened was Bamboo Ben put a zillion !!!!!!!s in a row without a space. your Web browser's word-wrap mechanism couldnt find a space in it so it let the !!!!s extend across an entire line, widening the web page.

I've changed it. Ben: Please don't do that again!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 2:37 pm   Permalink

Oh, but I liked those !'s cuz they were for me.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-07-14 4:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-14 14:37, floratina wrote:
Oh, but I liked those !'s cuz they were for me.

okay, here they all are but with spacers: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-07-14 16:54 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 5:04 pm   Permalink

Oooh, very nice...I believe I even scored a net gain that time.

Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 6:06 pm   Permalink

First things first, I want to thank TikiBong and Mrs. Bong (Kevin and Debbie) and Bamboo Ben and Mrs. Bamboo (Bamboo Ben and Mrs. Bamboo), for their hard work, organizational skills and Big Tiki Medalions. Thanks to Sven (of the Rhyming Police) for the excellent CD and Video. Thanks to FloraTina for the RM 135 Video and the song books for the singalong. Thanks to Trader Pup for the great CD of fantastic obscure tunes (I didn't get one, Pup. Could you please burn one for me?) Thanks to Shelley for her TC name tags. Really, this was great fun and It would not have been without everyones hard work.

Bamboo Ben and Crazy Al.

Chiki Tiki and his lovely wife.

TikiBong and my wife with their "Secret Family". I think the girls look more like Bong.

The Fabulous King Kukulele. Elvis has nothing on him.(note the Big Tiki Medalion)

Li's Chinese.

The effervesant Lizzie and Crazy Al.

Mrs. Bong

Sarah, Baxter and Wes

Sven Laden, FloraTina

The beautiful Trixie, Uncle Artie and TikiBong

With a heavy heart, we say goodbye to Li's

And the remarkable work of art, from the ever talented Bamboo Ben, a painting celebrating the party in Room 135 at the Tiki Oasis. This treasure has been hung in a place of honor, in the Lagoon Room. Thank you Ben, It's the best.

In closing I'd like to paraphase the Immortal Bard.
"We few, We happy Few, We band of brothers;

For he today that raises his glass with me

Shall be my brother; Be he ever so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And Tiki Centralites now a-bed

Shall think themselves accurst they were not here;

And hold their Manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That went with us on the OC Mini Crawl."

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation