FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events OC Mini Crawl was a total BALL!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
OC Mini Crawl was a total BALL!
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-14 8:28 pm   Permalink

If this is Sunday, this must be Earth!

(Jeez, I'm getting old. Tiki and Madam Bong are still a bit out of sorts.)

What can I say that hasn't been said yet? Many thanks to all the 'usual suspects'.

Ben for the cool tiki medallions, King Kukulele for his brilliant and whimsical renditions of the classics, Traderpup for the commemorative CD's, Crazy Al for well, ... being Crazy Al, Floratina for the sing-along book, and everyone else for being the kindered tiki souls they are.

Man, and I thought my dog could really chase cars. I'll never forget the sight of our now departing bus being quickly pursued by a sceaming, hand-waving Sven (or should I say Sven Laden, leader of the Mai-Taida?)! I think he's got the 4 minute mile nailed.

Hey Al, mine and Shelly's 'secret family' were some tourist props we grabbed and demanded be in the shot. I'm sure they'll go back to where ever it is they're from telling people about their perilous abduction by a wild tiki cult.

Let's keep in mind Crazy Al's suggestion that we set a Guiness World record for the number of tiki torches lit on Earth at one time next October 15th (why the 15th ?).

Al and Shelly, we're looking forward to seeing you both and your tiki bar this weekend.

For any interested tikiphiles, Al and Shelly, Madam Bong and I (with our baby bongs) will be at the Bali Hai this coming Friday night.

Lastly, I have never so quickly felt such a strong bond with so many people on a rented 28-passenger bus in route TO Royal Hawaiian, Li's, and Sam's Seafood in my life!

To the 'Tribe Called Tiki' - Aloha Oukou!

Tiki and Madam Bong

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-07-14 20:35 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 10:49 pm   Permalink

I must add that The Bongs have a lovely home. Their fondness for Hawaiiana, tiki and surf culture (not necessarily in that order) are incorporated in a sophisticated contemporary design. Mr. Bong's tiki bar in the garage is very cool, indeed. There is something to appreciate in every nook!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-14 11:13 pm   Permalink

I just lost this giant post that thanked everyone for all the special things that night that I rememberd. (tiki) god damn it!! Anyway, everyone has said it for me. And, what a fun group. I'll bable soon. For those who wern't on da bus, come by the store to get your "rappers tiki". If anyone wants one anyways and is in the area, there are 9 left. You can pretend you went via the pics and the posts posted. What was the bus drivers name?
Bamboo Sven Laden

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 02:17 am   Permalink

the best thing about getting back to tikicentral a day or two after the event is i can say "DITTO!" and get back to promoting the APE gigs... i ended up Sat. night with two or three Rum drinks in my hand at the TikiTi on Senset Blvd hitting up more recruits for Thus Night......... see you at the gigs......MAHALO Good times!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-15 09:15 am   Permalink

Hey Bamboo Ben,

Our Indian bus driver's name was 'Mobi' (I think his wife's name is Dottie).

Aloha

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 09:44 am   Permalink

My medallion is now a work of art hanging on my wall. Thanks for making those crazy things, Ben. It must have been a lot of work.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-15 11:16 am   Permalink

Hey AlnShelly!

Many mahalos for the great pics! It's nice to know that after a few mai tais and lapu lapus that we're not so bad looking afterall!

What a great ride with the OC Tribe!

You guys are the best!

Aloha,

T and A

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I am finally returning to the world of the living...spending the weekend recovering from the Crawl, then battling the flu which a friend was kind enough to share with me!

I'll try not to repeat everyone else, but of course, MANY THANKS to all who made the OC Crawl an unforgettable experience! What a great group of people! As soon as I'm feeling a little better, I'll post my pictures for all to enjoy. Funny, but for some reason the photos got more and more blurry as the evening progressed....! go figure!

For those of you that attended, but missed out on getting a copy of the OC Crawl souvenir CD, just leave me a private note with address, and I'll send one right out.

Again, Thanks! I had a blast!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-21 08:03 am   Permalink

How bout another one down here around Mele Kalikimaka time?
Alooooo-HA!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-08-21 09:09 am   Permalink

Good idea Mister B!

Maybe we can whip something up.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation