FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events "It's All About the Tiki"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
"It's All About the Tiki"
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-31 6:32 pm   Permalink

"It's all about the Tiki"...
is a tribute to the tiki works of local artists Shag, Von Franco & The Pizz debuting at La Luz de Jesus in Los Angeles on Saturday, Nov. 22nd and then moving to the M-Modern Gallery in Palm Springs on Sat., Nov. 29th. Limited edition 3-dimensional works by us here at Tiki Farm as well as original art by the artists will be available at the events and then subsequently online at Tiki Farm (www.tikifarm.com).

I've provided a photo of just a few of the many wax sculpts that will be produced in varying media (ceramic, figural blown glass, sterling silver & resin) for the event below...

...more info as it becomes available (the little fellow on the right is a pocket flask!)

http://www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2003-08-31 18:34 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 9:41 pm   Permalink

This Gig, is going to be HAPPENING!!!

Who's going? (and who's not?!)

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben on 2003-11-11 22:31 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 10:13 pm   Permalink

Damnit! I hate it when this happens! I wish I could make this gig - it sounds wicked. But I'll be with the Bongs and the Kneppers at Humphrey's that same weekend:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6195&forum=4&4

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-11 11:43 pm   Permalink

I think I'll definitley have to go check this out

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 05:18 am   Permalink

Holden,
Once again you have come up with some excellent stuff. Good luck on your event.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 06:46 am   Permalink

Oh my, I can't wait to go! Who else is going? Lets meet up...maybe we can hit the Purple Orchid after!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 10:41 am   Permalink

Does anybody know if these mugs, flask, etc. are going to be sold separately? And if so, what are the prices???

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 11:53 am   Permalink

Any photos of the Shag merchandise or jewelry?

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 11:55 am   Permalink

Shag who?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 11:55 am   Permalink

Hi,
I'll have photos up over the next few days. We've worked hard to keep the prices very reasonable. Instead of going over the prices, I'll post photos and will include the prices with the photos. I'm hoping to do that by this weekend.

We have gone all out for this project and I think it shows. We've got some radical jewelry (Shag 1st edition sterling tiki charm bracelet - the charms are actual mini tiki mugs!), a giant 24" resin hand-stained cast mantletop outrigger complete w/the Big Kahuna (mug) & the 3 rowers (mugs) by Pizz, Von Franco's footed Artist series bowl which are his animated versions of each artist as tikis (on our splash page)... they're set up around the perimeter of the bowl with a tombstone effect. There are 37 new designs in all available in 14 different variations (some are sold individually, some as sets).

The Dynotones will be playing live and there will be a stocked bar.

BAMBOO BEN and I are heading up to La Luz tomorrow and the good reverend will be installing some radical decor and selling some of his new furnishings. Have any of you seen Ben's new designs... they're INSANE!!

The show's from 8pm to 11pm and on a special side note for anybody who knows the proprietor, Billy Shire. Billy's a notorious character and we are paying hommage to him at the show with the official debut of...
"THE BILLY BANK". The Billy Bank is sculpted by Squid and it's staring at me in my office as I write this and it's freaking me out! It will only be available at Wacko/Soap Plant so if you wanna get freaked out too, you can get one of your own!

After the shows' conclusions (La Luz 11/22 & M Modern 11/29) we will have a remaing allocated inventory of products available for sale online at the Farm (check out our site for more details). We're not posting any to eBay - never have... only Tiki Central folks & our opt-in email folks know about this.

So I'll be the neurotic guy in the background who will slip into a slight coma at the conclusion of the show should anybody want to find me and say hi! I hope to see a lot of you TC'ers there... Tiki Ti afterwards??? Just plant my face into a cocktail and I'll be ok.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 3:08 pm   Permalink

I'll be in San Diego during the Palm Springs opening, but I should be able to make the La Luz event. Man, I've gotta figure out where the vintage shops are pronto, all my primo aloha gear is in storage!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-12 3:17 pm   Permalink

Will check with the mrs.(utopiandream) would love to go to.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Larry Lava
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-12 8:37 pm   Permalink

Mr. and Mrs. Lava are going to the Palm Springs event. We will be in LA (mostly Disneyland) for Thanksgiving starting Wednesday evening but Saturday we are going to Palm Springs for the day. We have not been there since either of us were kids. Any suggestions for what to do before the show?

View Profile of Larry Lava Send a personal message to Larry Lava      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 9:12 pm   Permalink

M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs has arranged for Senor Amor to spin exotica that evening (Saturday Nov. 29th) and are having the after party at the Callente Tropics hotel.

There will also be a limited edition serigraph from Von Franco entitled "Frankentiki" ($75.00), Serigraphs & Posters fromt the Pizz ($20.00 to $300.00) and a very limited quantity of the new Shag serigraph entitled "The Green Wahine" ($125.00).

This, like La Luz, will be a no host bar benefiting the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation with Beverage prices as follows:

$1.00 for Sodas
$2.00 for beers
$3.00 for wine

We hope you can make it to Palm Springs for this event in our newest gallery at 448 N. Palm Canyon Drive. Cherry Capri's show "Come for Sun Swim Fun" will be up for viewing at the other M Modern Gallery at 400 N. Palm Canyon (just down the street) that evening as well.

This should be a great time!

PS. Please note that it was agreed that Shag, Von Franco and the Pizz will only be signing merchandise purchased that evening. SHAG is to sign only two items per person. This is to ensure that the lines will move along and so that everyone has an opportunity to visit with the artists during the show. We do appreciate your cooperation in this.

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmoderntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-11-13 9:37 pm   Permalink

Correction:
The Von Franco 150 piece limited edition serigraph is entitled "Frank en Tiki" and is a steal, in our opinion at $ 75.00 each.

View Profile of mmoderntiki Send a personal message to mmoderntiki  Email mmoderntiki Goto the website of mmoderntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation